.𖥔 ݁ ˖┆𝑴𝑨𝑫 𝑴𝑨𝑿

THE TIME WHEN you had moved and the worst year you would ever consider yourself part of, eh

THE TIME WHEN you had moved and the worst year you would ever consider yourself part of, eh..least to say moving wasn't so bad after all, it was just part of something new likely.

Your best friend max mayfield? he was one of a kind, you were happy to have him around. His brother on the other hand? he was someone you weren't as happy to have around most of the time, well— you didn't like him at all.

Right now today would be your first day of middle school in a new town somewhere, your mom had eventually dropped you off.

When you had stepped out your moms car, she waved you goodbye and you also waved goodbye to her, you see max step out his step brothers car and slam the door shut as he held his skateboard in one hand.

Billy really didn't like you hanging around max, but max could care less, his step brothers opinion didn't matter to him.

"Max." You called out while jogging over to him, he skids his skateboard to a stop and tilts his head but when he sees it's you he lets out a sigh of relief— thankful for a recognizable face.

"Hey, sorry I didn't see you there for a second–" then his eyebrows raise before he gestures to the new jacket you were wearing. "Since when did you buy a new jacket?"

"When I first got here. this is a small town, so it's not surprising I'd find a shop easily." You replied and followed him inside the school as the two of you engage in a conversation.

𓂃 ࣪˖ ཐིཋྀ.ᐟ

When you had made it to class with max, the principal was right behind the two of you, the door opens, you had your head lowered as you peered at the ground nervously— you hated how all eyes were on you.

"Ah, this must be our new students." The teacher says as he greets you both with a warm welcoming smile, something you weren't really used to.

"Indeed. All yours." The principal replies before he shuts the door behind him.

Max went to hurry and walk away, you wanted to do the same thing as well but the teacher held out a hand and stopped the both of you.

"All right. Hold up. You both don't get away that easy." The teacher says. "Come on up. Don't be shy."

Max rolls his eyes at his as he lets out a little huff, stepping back.

"Dustin, drum roll."

You clutched your books nervously to your chest while letting out a quiet sigh, feeling eyes on you as you silently tap your foot against the floor.

"Class, please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latests passengers to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxwell and [y/n]."

"It's max." Max corrected.

"Sorry?" Mr.Clarke replies.

You had gotten a good look at his name on his desk, you clear your throat awkwardly as you tried your best to ignore the stares of all the students.

"Nobody calls me Maxwell. It's Max." Max says again as he glanced at Mr.Clarke.

You nervously wave at all the other students but nobody dare waved back, again— you were nervous as usual.

"Well, all aboard, Max and [y/n]." Mr.Clarke smiles gently once again.

Max just nods and placed a hand on the small of your back, guiding you away from all the stares— he knew how nervous and panicky you would get during these type of situations.

You sat down in your seat and avoided the gaze of the students, Max sat down in his seat next to you— he notices the stares of four boys.

He quickly blocks you from their view with an annoyed look on his face, tilting his head, almost asking the question as if why they were staring at you, "look away." he whisper shouts and they quickly do.

𓂃 ࣪˖ ཐིཋྀ.ᐟ

You and max were now together during recess, Max was teaching you how to skate— since clearly you didn't know how to do it. You yelp a bit as you latched onto his wrist, he only chuckled as he helped you up.

"Focus on balance." Max reminded you while he helped you balance yourself.

You could feel eyes on you and you suddenly grow well aware of the four boys with their eyes on you, again.

Max notices this and scoffs. "I swear to god these weirdos need to stop staring and get a grip on reality." he says before taking a piece of paper out of his pocket and writing something down.

'STOP SPYING ON
HER, CREEPS!!'

He wrote before crumbling it up and throwing it in the trash can, he then grabs his skateboard and takes your hand in his, the both of you making your way back inside the school.

Just another eventual day for you...