25

Your POV

"What is this place?" "I think it's like an apartment

"What is this place?" "I think it's like an apartment." "God bless poor people." Drew said as he looked at Gwen's apartment in sadness.

We all sat down and took a deep breath.

"What was that machine?" I asked.

Maddy looked at the floor not knowing what to say, "I have no idea." She said.

We all shut up when we heard the news playing from the TV.

Our eyes widened when we saw our faces on the news, "On tonight's emergency broadcast, we have a group of three teenagers who are on the run, if you find them, you will be rewarded a good deal."

My eyes widened, I turned to Drew, "What is that machine." "I don't know- all I remember was hearing my mom talking about how they want to use it to make things disappear. Specifically Spider-" "Wait what?!?"

"But that has nothing to do with us! Which is why I didn't care much. Who even is those Spider people." "It's a long story. But Asher is gone, we need to find a way to get him out of there. Who knows where that portal takes him." I said as I pulled up my hair in a ponytail and opened the door to leave but was met with Gwen and Miles.

"Hey guys!" Miles said as he gently pushed me back in the room.

Gwen and I stared at each other as the commotion happened in the background.

"Miles you're here!" Maddy said as she hugged the boy she's been falling hard for.

"I think you owe us an explanation." I told Gwen as I gave her a glare.

Maddy and Drew's attention drew to us.

"Y/n, can we talk about this in private-" "No Gwen, we will not talk about this in private. Be honest for once. Tell everyone in the room the truth."

Gwen and miles stared at each other awkwardly, they slowly walked next to each other, "Y/n, we have no idea what you're talking about-" "Cut the bullshit. You knew about our parents plan. You guys befriended us for that reason. Isn't it?" I asked.

Gwen's eyes widened, "W-what?" "Miles what is she talking about?" Maddy asked.

"I'm not gonna expose your little alter egos Gwen, but now I know what's going on. I'm done playing this stupid little game." I whispered to Gwen before leaving out the apartment.

As I stormed out to the long hallways with a dress heavier than I could carry, I could hear Gwen running after me, "Y/n hold on!" "You have the remainder of the elevator time to explain everything." I said as I pressed the elevator button, inmedeatly opening to me.

"Why did you start hanging around us? Did you know what our family was planning? You probably knew who I was back then as Spider-Woman but didn't care until you found relevance? Isn't it true?" I asked as we stepped in the elevator.

Gwen shook her head, "Listen Y/n, I will admit, there was a mission. I had to get close to you for it. And in the beginning I thought a certain way of you. But what your parents were helping create could destroy a lot of what the universe has balanced. That's why I hung out with you and chased you all those times."

My eyes watered.

"It all changed though as we kept talking, I thought you were just like them to be honest, but then-" the elevator didn't even reach the lobby, I inmedeatly pressed the upcoming floor for it to open more quickly.

"What- where are you going?" She asked as I walked out.

"Y/N! WAIT!" She shouted as I stared speeding down the stairs.

"Y/N!" I stopped and looked at Gwen who was a few stairs above me.

"Look I know you don't like what you're hearing but I don't want to lie, not anymore." "Really? Did you just feel horrible all this time because all you fucking do is lie and lie to get what you want!" "Now that is not fucking fair."

I chuckled, "You know what's not fucking fair?" I asked. "I'll tell you what's not fair." I said as I cornered her to the wall, "I finally believed someone had my back. Someone was here to stay even with all the crap I have, you know it all Gwen, every thing that has happened to me that none of my friends know, I thought you were being genuine, but this is part of a mission. You were just pretending to care. You pretended to care for a fucking MISSION. What sucks more is that even with all of this- I still can't hate you as much as my head wants me to, my heart can't." I said as my eyes watered.

"That's not fair Gwen." I said before quickly wiping the tear that was about to slip from my eyes away.

"It's my job Y/n." Gwen said as she stood tall.

"Understood." I said before turning around and walking away.

"Where are you going?!?"

"To save someone who actually cares about me."

"Y/N YOU CANNOT GO BACK THERE! They are looking for you!" I turned around to face her one more time.

"Asher sacrificed himself for me, now it's my turn to save me." "And when you do, what's gonna happen to you?" She questioned.

I shook my head, "Guess I'll find out soon." I said as I walked out.