Sea of Cold

As the human stood in front of their new opponent, ready to kill them, Doggo suddenly jumped in front of them and swung his two daggers at the demon with supersonic speed, only for the human to dodge effortlessly.

"Dogs don't bite. They bark at their master."

The human grabbed Doggo's arm and swung him around before throwing him onto a tree branch, which impaled Doggo in the chest, killing him.

The Human: "Well, now let's take care of other matters..."

The human walked away. On their path, they were only greeted by dust and ashes. As they continued walking forward, the human suddenly stopped.

"Huh?"

The Demon (inside the human's mind): "Beware. I can sense traps surrounding the entire area... The skeleton must have played another trick on us... But don't worry. Unlike the ruins, this time I have a plan."

The demon used its senses to locate and detect traps, relaying the information to the human

"Good luck."

The human saw many bear traps scattered around and also spotted engines.

"I see. This skeleton was certainly prepared for this."

The human suddenly stepped onto a mine but immediately dashed away before it exploded. Suddenly, a harpoon shot out of a tree, but the human jumped out of the way only to see spikes appear everywhere on the ground below. The human struck the ground, destroying all of the spikes.

The Human: "Now then, I must get going..."

The human walked away, only to be stopped by more possessed monsters.

"Seriously? Again?"

The human took out their axe as the monsters jumped at them. The human dodged and quickly dashed forward at one of the monsters, killing it in one blow. The other monster was swiftly struck twice before both turned to dust...

The Demon (inside the human's mind): "I cannot feel our EXP grow... When we kill those possessed monsters, they just die, or maybe instead of the EXP coming to us, it goes to... I see... Try to avoid them, partner. They are here to slow us down in our journey."

The human nodded and sent a massive slash at the other upcoming monsters before running away, looking around for drops and avoiding mines and falling trees. They jumped high into the air and then landed on the frozen water, which broke under their feet immediately.

"Fuck."