4 - The New Girl

A few weeks later, Arty and benny enter cafe Oak, a comfy cottage core etablisment close to the school. „Dude, im telling you, i got kicked out months ago arty!" „Don worry! Ill talk to the barista!" Benny looks around and goes to sit down on a table in the back. Then he notices Lilly, who is chatting with a girl he doesnt recognize. He approaches them „Hey ladies." The unknown girl flinches and her face turns bright red. „Hi benny. What are you doing here?" „Arty invited me to get coffee before his big match this evening." „Oh, what soprt does he do right now?" „Football. Obsessed with it since the beginning of this year." „Oh, nice" „Who is your pretty friend? Wont you introduce us?" He tries to put on a soft slime. „No, no i wont." Comon, dont be like that lilly." The girl speaks up. „Please leave us alone. Im not interested in you." Her voice is soothing, slightly raspy, and kinda familiar. „Do i know you from somewhere?" „No! Im mean no. You probably just saw me at the halloween party last month..." „So you go to our school? Great!" Lilly chimes in „No she doesnt. She just got invited." „Oh, is she related to someone?" Mako was annoyed. Why didnt he just stop annoying her. Him! Him. Why didnt he just stop annoying him. „Get lost creep!" Mako didnt even know he could be this annoyed by another guy. „Ok, thats enough!" The barista suddenly stood behind benny. „Stop harassing those girls and get lost." „But i know her!" He points at lilly. „Yes, but both of them are clearly uncomfortable around you. Plus youre still banned from this store." Benny gives her an angry look and then turns to leave. „Way to mess it up, bro!" Arty follows him outside. Arty stops at the window mako is sitting in front of and looks at him. Then he smiles, and leaves. At least he wasnt a creep. They keep talking enthusiastically while they walk down the street to look for another place to stay. „Im really sorry miss, i should have noticed sooner." Mako realizes the barista is talking to him. „Oh, im just glad that he is finally gone." Mako recognizes her as a girl one grade above him. Lilly speaks up again „Yea, that asshole acted like he knew her, just because she looks somewhat like her cousin. Hes going to our school." „Oooh, that makes sense. I thought you looked kinda familiar as well. Im Jennifer." „Nice to meet you! Im..." Mako stops. He didnt think this far! What should he say?!Once again, lilly saves him „Maku! Her name is maku." Her parents where really uncreative and named her after her cousin mako." Jennifers eyes light up „Youre makos cousin? Do you think you can convince him to go out with me." „Oh? Maybe? Im not sure if hes into dating right now. I think he has alot on his mind right now." „Naww, to bad." Jennifer pauses for a moment. „But youre free, right?" Mako turns red again. She smiles. „Dont worry, you dont have to answer now. Ill just write down my number so you can write or call me whenever you feel like it."