12 - The Third Wheel

Lilly rang makus doorbell. Maku and jennifer opened the door. „Hi! Gald youre here!" Then maku spotted arty behind her „Hey sis! I heared you where hosting a movie might so i knida invited myself. Dont worry, im fine with being the third, eh, fourth wheel." So they let him in. While arty insisted on getting the snacks from the kitchen, the girls moved makus tv to her beds foot end, and sat down on the bed. „You sit down in the middle." jennifer insisted. Lilly obliged. Maku and jennifer where cuddling onto lilly. „Look, girls, this is really sweet, but you dont have to make such a big effort to include me. If you wanna sit next to each other, do it." Maku said „Dont worry, were doing this for a super egotistic reason." „And what that?" „Your the most comfy to lean on." Lilly couldnt hide a big smile. Arty came in with three bowls of snacks, gave two to the girls, and layed on the small carpet with the third one. Maku grabed one of her pillows and threw it at arty, hitting him in the head. „Hey!" „Sorry , i thought you might want a pillow." „Eh, sure why not." They watched an old sci fi movie that followed the crew on a space ship. The alien crew members where just actors with green or pruple painted faces. The Equipment consisted of washing maschines, christmas lights, and aluminium foil. But that only made the movie more enjoyable. At some point they paused the movie for a short break and jennifer went to the toilet. Lilly gave maku a stern look. She was suprised. „Ok, cut the act." „What act?" „You and jennifer look so happy together! Why would you keep inviting me to things you could do alone? Because you pitty me. You dont want me to feel excluded. But that feels so weird." Arty chimed in „What are you talking about? They keep inviting you because youre a really important person to both of them. They both actively want you as a part of thier life and are willing to make compromises to make that happen. They dont pitty you, they just like you." „And what about you?" „Oh, they asked be plenty of times. But if i dont have time, or dont like the activity, im gonna say no." „And how do you know how they feel about me?!" „Maku told be." Maku spoke up „We felt like you werent enjoying our gettogethers, so we wanted to tell you how we feel about you after the movie. I bounced some ideas on how to say things of of arty a few days ago. Thats also how he knew wed hang out today. I just didnt expect you to invite yourself." „Hey, i had time and liked the movie. Besides, im not making things worse." He chuckled. Jennifer came back. Arty left. „I already talked to her." „Oh? Ok, i wasnt really expecting that. How do you feel, lilly." „Still weird." „Because we keep inviting you, or because were together in general?" She thought about it for a moment. Then she got really red and teared up. „Sorry, i didnt mean to strike a nerve." Maku hugged her friend. Then gently turned lillys head torwards her. She started crying even more. Jennifer sat next to her again and hugged her as well. „Were here for you, girl." Once lilly calmed down arty was already back. „Im sorry" „Please dont be." said maku, „But if you want to, please tell us whats going on."„No! You would hate me for it." „You dont know that" „But what if you do?" „We wont." Jennifer took her hand. „Ok... [...] I had a crush on maku! And then i got really confused when she was figuring herself out, and then i found out i like girls to, and now i still have a crush on her, and its super akward for me to be around you two,..." She needed to take a breath. „..., because i also have a crush on you too now." Looking at jennifer. Jennifer answered. „Wow... Thats alot." Maku smiled at lilly. Then hugged her again. „Im not gonna hate you or ignore you because of that. I still want you to be a part of my life." Arty chimed in „Just make this a poligamy!" Jennifer looked at him angrily. „Absolutely not! Im kinda fine with maku fucking you, because im sure you arent interested in her romantically. But im not willing to share her!" „But jennifer, maybe that could work out." Maku treid to... „No! No, i dont want that! It makes me feel weird and i want you to myself." Maku answered: „Ok. Im gonna respect that. Sorry for pushing you. I should have asked first." „Lilly, you should leave now." Maku looked at her sternly. „No [...] Lilly, youre always gonna be welcome here, and especially right now, because i feel like you need to talk about this more to feel better." Jennifer was still annoyed. „There is nothing more to talk about. I dont want her near my girlfriend. And if she stays, im leaving." Lilly made an effort to get up, but Maku grabbed her hand and gently held her back. She sat back down. Maku addressed jennifer. „Lets talk about this in a few days, when we have all calmed down a little."