Escape

It couldn't be him.

————————

Desire's POV

"Get off me!" I screamed kicking my feet. "Fuck off!" I added.

"Desire stop!" one of the men demanded.

"That's not my fucking name!" I groaned before the building began to shake.

"The fuck was that?" one of the men whispered to the other.

They loosened their grip on my arm before the corridor roof beside us began to cave in. I looked around in shock before running backwards and smacking the wall behind me. I fell to the floor looking up at the moonlight shining through the cracks in the roof. I tilted my head to the side in shock before I heard the hurried footsteps of the men as they ran towards a door. I looked back to the room before getting onto my feet and running down the hallway. I began to smack on the door sobbing before looking around me at the cracks in the wall. This place was going to shatter at any point. What the fuck happened?

I turned back to the one-way mirror before smacking against it again and again while sobbing. I wouldn't leave him. The sound of rapid gun shots flooded the building before I turned and face the wall slowly dropping down beside the door. I put my head in my knees.

I gave up.

I didn't care about the building slowly caving in. The loud shots flooding throughout the deteriorating building.

I felt the dust coat my throat as I tried to cough it out. I laid my head back on the wall before turning. Reality hit me. This was my exit. Our exit.

I ran over to a pile of rubble with my shirt covering my mouth. I picked up a huge piece of concreate before struggling to carry it back to the room. I coughed hard as I used all my strength to raise the piece of rubble. I used everything within me to launch the rubble at the window. 

The concrete bounced back landing in front of my feet. I sulked quietly as I walked closer to the window noticing he was now slolwy waking up. I sobbed as he looked around in fear and confusion.

I placed my head on the glass letting the tears stream down my face before a gunshot from behind me shattered the window. I leaned back before jumping through the window and closer to him. I began to tug at the ropes before his hands were free. The familiar touch of his hands on my cheeks caused me to look up into his dark brown eyes.

"Ashley?" he sulked.

I got up from my knees and wrapped my arms around him before kissing him.

"We need to go" I said sucking up my snotty nose before wiping my tears. I bent back down tugging at the ropes around his ankles.

"What's happening" he asked looking around.

"I have no idea" I said throwing the rope beside me before pulling him up.

"Fuck" Tom groaned.

"C'mon" I said turning to him before kissing him again.

I jumped out of the window before turning around guiding him out to. I looked around not seeing anyone and the shots had stopped.

"Be quiet" I whispered holding his hand as he nodded.

We began to climb over the rubble before we heard footsteps. I ducked down pulling him with me as men ran past. I looked at him with tears in my eyes before looking to our left at the part of the building was into pieces. All we needed to do was climb over all of this and we would be out.

"Desire!" I heard Zeke yell.

I looked behind me before seeing a shadow. I grabbed Tom's wrist pulling him with me as we climbed over slabs of concreate. I felt the breeze as I pulled Tom along with me. We jumped out of the remains of the building and fell onto the grass. I groaned in pain as I sat up looking around. I looked up at the building crying. A lot of the building had fallen.

"Ashley!" Tom screamed before I felt something crash on top of me and a loud gun shot rung in my ears.

I screamed before hearing Tom groan in pain. I rolled over and screamed as Tom held his stomach. I moved his hand as his shirt began to cover in blood. 

"It's okay" Tom whispered to me as I sulked.

"No, no no" I said quietly.

"I'm okay" he grunted before his eyes rolled back.

I turned around as Zeke stood laughing with his gun faced straight at me. He held his chest with his hand which was covered in blood.

"You didn't think you would get out that easily?" he laughed while walking closer. I looked back at Tom. "Don't look at him" he yelled.

"Fuck you" I screamed.

"You're meant for me. Not him" he laughed before another shot was set off.

Zeke began to fall forward. I quickly kicked myself backwards as he fell Infront of me. I looked up before jumping to my feet. I slammed my body into Bills.

"Tom! We need to get him to a hospital now!" I yelled letting go of him and running to Tom.

I held my fingers to his neck still feeling a pulse. Still watching his chest rise.

Bill and I stood up picking up Tom. He laid limp as we carried his body to the car. We placed him in the backseat before I sat beside him. I lifted his head onto my lap.

"It's going to be okay" I cried stroking his cheek.

"Keep talking to him" Bill said before speeding down the road.

"You're going to be okay. You said you were going to be okay, and you will" I cried looking out the window. "Tom please open your eyes" I continued rubbing his cheek.