Part 1

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

I found myself fidgeting in front of the said cafe , some ten minutes later , still contemplating whether to go in or not . Taehyung had an evident crush on Rachel and he was telling me last week how they were partnered for a project work. Now , however the information had put a heaviness on my heart I was still rooting for my best friend. Perks of being a good friend I guess ?

I had a crush on my best friend, that was a matter which might not be taken so seriously. I mean it was just a crush . Taehyung was handsome and considerate. A little dense sometimes but he was also thoughtful. Well thoughtful enough to call over his sulking friend to the cafe where he's most probably having some time to spend with his own crush. How kind !

He was a man to be driven with emotions but I was in my right mind to know it wasn't alright? Absolutely not when two days back Rachel came over Taehyung's. Don't question my existence at the same damn time . I was there in the name of taking some sugar cause I didn't have it at home . Oh did I mention how we were neighbours?

Back to Rachel and Taehyung. Rachel clearly seemed infatuated by the guy who's very much smitten for her himself. Now no matter how much jab that realisation sent to my heart , I wasn't up to corrupt the possible relationship he could have with the person he liked.

“ Yeah nevermind. Let's just text him that I won't be making it cause professor Min called at the last moment." I muttered to myself, bringing my phone out from my pocket and opening the chats with Taehyung. But oh was it a terrific day ? My phone switched off right at that moment. “ Wow! Universe wants me to be a third wheel somehow ." My lips thinned as I breathed in deep through my nose , frustrated.

I glanced at the right of the cafe where the window side was . Taehyung could be figured out pretty easily although his back was facing me . I sighed. “Okay let's just go and say I need to get back . Then I leave .“ I said the plan out loud and nodded to myself. They were sitting on the first seat , closest to the door so it wouldn't take long to stand face to face with my best friend.

I walked ahead , taking the door knob of the cafe in my hand before twisting it and pushing it open . I had just walked half way in when a familiar voice caught my attention. “ Yeah well it's true . Y/n is clingy… she cannot stay one moment away from me. “ My steps stayed rooted as I processed those words.

Was that what Taehyung thought of me to be ? Clingy ? “ Stop being such a clingy girl ! Nobody's going to put up with this attitude of yours. “ A distant voice in my head rang.  Too familiar which brought back the dull ache in my heart .

I took a step back feeling the sting in my eyes . No no no . I couldn't just cry in front of so many people and make a fool out of myself. With another step back I collided with someone who stood behind my back . “ Gosh ! Watch your steps Lee ."  That someone seemed to know me and he spoke loud enough for Taehyung to turn back and directly look into my eyes which were possibly filled with unshed tears . Oh just great !

I didn't wait another second, turning back to look at the person who seemed to be still grumbling. And if it wasn't Jeon Jungkook . He was still looking down at his foot and then when he felt my eyes on him , he looked up with the same annoyed look which he always had on. “ You better watch your steps from next time -" “ Sorry about that ." I figured that a quick apology would be the best way out of here as soon as Taehyung attempted to stand up from his seat .

Jungkook was taken aback with my reply and I took the chance to walk past him , running away from the cafe , ignoring the call of my name from behind. Yeah it was definitely the worst day of my life .