Part 9

The sky gradually dimmed, lights on the road shining on the tall trees to create huge, dark shadows .

There were many people who came to the ecological park to run in the summer night . The shadows flickering on the track were all people running along, carefully following the same direction and trying not to bump into one another .

The back outlined in front of her was steadily jogging up and down, rhythm set by his footsteps .

His shoulders were very broad, the short sleeved exercising vest tight on his body, showcasing the beautiful curves of his muscles . From his broad shoulders to his slim waist, the muscle throbbed to the beat of every step he took, silently hinting at the bursting energy contained within his body .

Xia Rou couldn't match his pace any longer .

When she was 25, this speed and distance didn't really mean much to her, it was just that this time she had overestimated the physique of her 15-year-old body .

Her lungs were burning, but she stubbornly kept powering on, wanting to follow that shadow in the dark, unwilling to fall behind .

"Are you alright?" Cao Yang turned his head to ask, his breath still steady, not even a pant to be heard .

Xia Rou noticed his gaze filled with concern .

But the concern was shallow, probably because the time they spent together was negligible and their feelings were not deep .

Xia Rou suddenly recalled her past – every time she reached her limit and couldn't run any further, he would pass her a water bottle with a smile and tease her: "Little girl, tired already?"

At that time, they were so close... Translated by The Novelst

In the last few days, because of the changes she made, many things seemed to have gone in a different direction . Although most of the changes were good, but...

A butterfly flapping its wings was said to have caused a hurricane on the Pacific Ocean .

Big brother and herself, would they be able to be as close as they were in her past?

Would he be able to take her as his own younger sister and dote on her again?

She was swayed by her anxiety over the gains and losses of her situation; the spicy feeling was grumbling in her chest . Xia Rou raised her gaze to look at the figure standing two steps ahead of her . Cao Yang was turning his head to look straight into her eyes...

She clenched her teeth and readied herself for a sudden final sprint, and then ran crazily like a bolt of lightning .

Cao Yang was happy to see her continue running, so he upped his pace and followed behind her, wanting to see how much further she could get .

In the end...

Huff! Huff! Huff!

Xia Rou bent down with her hands on her knees, painfully gasping in large breaths . She felt like her chest was going to explode!

That was only a few meters of sprinting! Cao Yang was rendered speechless .

Her physique was really weak compared to the kids in the army! But, he reminded himself, he mustn't compare her to the male soldiers in the army, or even the female soldiers .

Look at that skinny and weak physique of hers!

Even her arms were slim!

Look at her legs... hmm, quite straight .

Anyways, this child was too flimsy . Even for a girl, being too weak was not a good thing .

Cao Yang didn't like the trend nowadays where women kept themselves as skinny as skeletons . He grew up in an army so he saw a lot of masculine beauty . He likes women with small waists, but she had to be healthy . He felt only fit women could match his taste .