Part 18

Cao An never thought he'd be stabbed so sharply by a little high schooler.

No, no, wait, she hadn't even started high school yet! She was just a little girl!

The fourth master of the Cao Family couldn't help but feel irritated. He wanted to scold the young lady who only came up to his shoulder with her soft and watery appearance, but it would only make him look like a cad.

He almost choked in restraining his anger.

He contained his annoyance for some time, then only replied: "What do you know about anything, you don't know how adults work. Just my father..."

He felt he would expose his timid nature if he continued, so he immediately corrected himself: "Anyway, don't say anything to anyone carelessly. No matter who – my father, my brother; ANY of my brothers!"

"You little kid, you should focus on your studies! School's starting soon, right? Have you prepared for your placement test? Sleep early!"

After stabbing back at Xia Rou, Coa An finally took big steps to the door.

Then he heard Xia Rou mumble something.

"What did you say?" He turned around and questioned her.

"I didn't say anything." Xia Rou didn't admit anything.

"Do you think I can't hear?" Cao An was irritated. "I'm eight years older than you! Eight years!"

How dare she ask who the real kid was here!

Xia Rou rolled her eyes. Translated by The Novelst

Cao An snorted and slammed the door shut on his way out.

Xia Rou was so mad and got up, wanting to lock the door, but the door was pushed open with another creak and almost pushed her to the floor.

"And also, kid!" Cao An used his elbow to lean on the doorframe, "I'm only going to say this once. You're a lady, don't let any men into your room, understand? It's fine even if you don't understand now! Remember my words! You'll understand when you grow up!"

After saying that, he slammed the door shut again.

Xia Rou was pissed off!

Of course she knew.

But this was the Cao Family, and he was Cao An!

If it was another man, of course she wouldn't let him in her room!

In the past, even after she got engaged, she didn't even let her fiancé enter her apartment!

What Cao An had just said made her look like a person who didn't know how to cherish herself!

What kind of person was that! So immature!

Xia Rou angrily locked her door.

The next morning at the dining table, Cao Yang noticed that the two people would only roll their eyes at one another when they met.

What had happened?

Cao Yang's biased thoughts were that it must have been Cao An who did something annoying and made Xia Rou angry. Looking at the tactful and obedient Xia Rou, it definitely couldn't be her fault!

It had to be Cao An's fault!

"Are you starting school the day after tomorrow?" Cao Yang asked in concern.

"Yes." Xia Rou nodded.

Cao An became excited. He kindly asked: "Which class do you think you can enter?" Nan Hua had a placement test before school started, and students were arranged into classes based on their results.