Part 20

Actually Cao Yang was just making conversation. His manipulation wasn't so strong as to be able to control Xia Rou's hairstyle.

But Xia Rou was so obedient that she exceeded his expectations. Ever since her arrival to the Cao Family, she seemed to follow each and every instruction that he gave.

Cao Yang was surprised in his heart, and at the same time he was very... satisfied.

He was just like his father, a man who was a little chauvinistic. They tended to give commands and liked to see people obey them.

He finished smoking his cigarette and put it out on the ashtray, continuing: "In the future, Xiao Yang will be responsible for driving you to school. Just take the A8 in the garage."

Since Nan Hua was known to be an elite school for the rich and powerful, naturally the scene would be glamorous. The road to the school gate had been widened twice in ten years, but the road would still be packed with all kinds of luxurious cars, especially when classes started or ended.

The schools had also enrolled a few ordinary students with excellent grades, but they could be differentiated easily just by looking at their stationery and transportation. The camps were quite distinct in the school.

Since they wanted to send Xia Rou to Nan Hua, they definitely wouldn't let her suffer in these ways.

He didn't explain these things to her, but just as he expected, Xia Rou didn't say anything in opposition.

She only remained calm and naturally accepted all his arrangements. Translated by The Novelst

She wasn't a hypocrite, nor did she act as though she was morally superior. Very well.

To take care of someone like Xia Rou was a very easy, trouble-free thing to Cao Yang.

The placement test didn't seem as difficult as Xia Rou expected, but this was probably because of her hard work poured out during the whole summer break.

Maybe there was some things in life she couldn't change no matter how she struggled. But at least if she put some effort into studying, she could still get something in return.

Coincidentally, the first of September was a Friday. Xia Rou brought her nervous heart along and went to school. After participating in the long-winded, sleepy opening ceremony, she was put in... Class 4.

She was surprised by the placement.

There were a total of eight classes in every grade.

Class 1 and Class 2 were experimental classes, usually for the top students. Class 7 was quite weak, and Class 8 was filled with students with terrible grades who were accepted to Nan Hua on connections.

The middle classes of the third, fourth, fifth and sixth classes were normal classes, arranged according to their grade averages.

Xia Rou had prayed she wouldn't get placed into Class 8. She thought she might even be placed in Class 7. To think that she was actually placed in a normal class was already a surprise way out of her expectations.

At least she didn't embarrass herself too much.

On this day, Cao Bin and Cao Xing returned home. The four brothers were finally reunited.

He Chengzhe had found a house a couple days before and had moved out already.

At the dining table, everyone saw Xia Rou's relaxed expression and knew that she had probably done well on her test.

"Which class are you in?" Cao Xiong asked.

"Class 4," Xia Rou was still a little embarrassed.

She was a little shy, yet she wanted to be praised a little, too.