17

HRIDHAN

Illa ennaku puriyala

What does that dinosaur think of himself ? Does he believe he can just talk to my wife like that ? I'm definitely going to warn him. I watched Arna speaking with him for a long time—much longer than me.

Looong time.

Appidi enna than pesuran ?

I pouted at her, but she didn't budge.

Pardon me, someone.

I'm proud of Aradhya. She's a bit dramatic with her sister, yet she's cute and respectful with me. But this little dinosaur, aka my younger brother, is a torment. I've noticed he gets along better with Arna than with me.

Why not me ?

After she finished talking, she handed the phone to me, but before I could say anything, the dinosaur disconnected the call.

I glanced at the phone, wishing there was an option to hit him through the device. Unfortunately, there wasn't.

Frustrated, I slipped the phone into my pocket and turned my attention to her, curious about what that idiot wanted to discuss with her but not with me. That's when I noticed her chuckling softly while looking at me.

"Enna achu ?" I asked, my face showing confusion.

She shook her head closing her eyes for a moment and opens them.

"Ungalukum Abhi kum sandaiya ?" she asked, after returning to normal.

"Illayae," I replied with a shrug.

"Ohh," she hummed, raising an eyebrow.

"Enna ohh ?" I asked, crossing my arms and leaning in slightly.

"Ohh nu solla koodatha ?" she asked, her eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Sollam," I replied in monotone.

"Aprom enna ?" she asked.

How to ask what that dino said to her ? My brain is not braining anymore. 

"Illa, onnu illa," I said, shaking my head.

"Seri," she replied.

"Time enna ?" she asked. I slipped my phone out and checked the time. It was past ten.

Amazing.

Actually, our plan was to start back home at nine so we could reach by eleven or twelve. But here we were, in the middle of the road, past ten.

We were just one street away from his apartment, so we walked down the streets. I was grumpy the whole way as she talked about everything with 'Abhi.'

That dinosaur had asked my wife to convince me to stay at his apartment. What a brilliant idea—but poor him, he doesn't know she'll tell me the truth anyway.

But, despite everything, she looked cute! Her eyes were telling the whole story.

"Pavam Abhi," she stated.

"Yaru avan ?" I asked sarcastically.

"Ama," she chuckled softly.

"Appo na ?"

"Ungaluku enna ?" she asked in a different tone.

Konjam kooda pasamae illa

"Onnum illa ma" I replied. 

We reached his apartment and entered to find him coolly watching television. I smirked at him, and in return, he beamed a smile at me. I sat next to him and threw my arms around his neck.

"Ethuva irunthalum, nalaiku pathukalam. Late achu, good night da anna," he said, escaping from my hold.

Arna chuckled at me and walked into the room, leaving me pouting as I sat there grumpily. Nithya, who came to the hall to place the keys as she locked the main door, noticed my mood.

"Enna achu mama ethavathu ma ?" she asked.

"Illa da, athu ellam illa," I said, and she nodded at me.

She suggested that I should sleep since it was already so late and wished me a good night. I nodded in agreement and wished her back. Then, I walked into the room I usually stayed in when I came here.

Arna was arranging the bed, her hair tied up in a messy bun. Am I crazy to love her messy look ?

She looks good in everything, but her homley appearance is divine. Her messy hair and those accidental strands falling around her face, it feels like a scene from a movie.

And those cute pajamas of hers, how could I miss them ?

But above all, it's those rare smiles she gives me.

Damn!

"Enga angayae nikkuringa ?" she asked, breaking my thoughts.

I shook my head and sat on one side of the bed. It had become our routine to talk before we sleep.

"Thank you," she said, catching me off guard.

"Ethuku ?" I asked.

"For everything," she replied, looking into my eyes.

"Na nejama avala romba miss pannen," she said, her eyes becoming glassy, yet she tried her best to cover it up.

I'm not the most expressive person, but I'm not so oblivious that I can't understand my wife's feelings. I couldn't help but think about Nithya's perspective. Now, I feel bad for Nithya too. She doesn't deserve this. She left everything for Abhi.

Every single thing.

Her parents.
Her medical college.
Her dreams.

Every single thing for her love.

Nithya and Abhijay got married two years ago, and things are still the same. She had everything, yet she left it all for him. When they got married, my respect for love went high.

I never knew a woman in love would give up everything for her beloved.

She is the epitome of loyalty.

She is simply indescribable. The girl who could do anything for her love. How difficult must it have been for her to leave her parents, her family, her dreams behind ?

I felt a pressure in my left hand and turned to see Arna pressing her right hand into mine. Our eyes met, her gaze already fixed on me.

No thanks this time but–

A dimple smile.

__________

Anvi : Hey Google play sirikkadhey 💜✨

Author ku lite aa fever athan update late aiduchu 🤸🏻‍♀️