16

HRIDHAN

Itha than ethir pathen!

"Arnaaaa...." Aradhya, her little sister, threw herself at Arna as soon as she spotted us getting down from the bus.

Arna hugged her closely, and it looked like a heartwrenching reunion. I knew she missed her sister when she spoke about her yesterday. Her tone betrayed her yearning.

Arna is good in hiding her emotions in tones sometimes but poor girl doesn't remember she has eyes which can tell everything to me.

But yesterday even her tone said her yearnings and her eyes told more.

She thinks she can hide everything for me.

So cuteeuh!

She can't. Her eyes can't. My baby can't do it.

"Eppidi irukka ?" Aradhya asked excitedly, pulling back from the hug.

"Na Nala irukken," Arna said, smiling at her sister as she took a good look at her. She missed her a lot.

Aradhya was wearing a pink kurthi, her hair left free just like Arna's. She had the same features as her sister – fair skin, dark and thick flowing hair, and a small face.

They looked so similar.

Arna inquired, "Nee eppidi irukka ?" with a gentle smile gracing her lips.

Aradhya's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm as she replied, "Ennaku ena super aa irukken!"

Engaging in their pleasantries, we exchanged smiles. Aradhya's demeanor towards me was courteous, a notable difference from her interactions with her sister. Abhijay should learn from her.

That little monster is irritating sometimes.

However, Aradhya, ever the mischievous one, had a question for me, her gaze shifting to Arna.

"Aprom mams, en akka ungala torture ethuvum pandrala ? Sollunga enna nu na kekuren."

Arna intervened firmly, "Aru.. adi vangu va enkitta," her tone carrying a hint of authority.

"Na unaku onnu eduthutu vanthen... seri ena adikuranu soldravangaluku ethuku na koodukanu ? Na kelamburen. Bye mams," Aradhya declared, her tone carrying a hint of defiance as she turned to leave.

Before I could intercept her, Arna reached out and gently grasped my hands, halting me in my tracks.

I turned to face her, the darkness of the sky creating a stark contrast against her features. She blinked her eyes and shook her head slightly, indicating a silent plea not to intervene.

As the cold air brushed against me, Arna's hair danced in the breeze. 

Dramatic. Dramatic. Dramatic.

Glancing down at our intertwined hands.

It all felt just magical!

❤️‍🔥

ARNA

This girl and drama is never ending story!

I remained silent as Hridhan attempted to stop Aradhya's departure.

"Shhhh, amaithiya irunga," I whispered softly, gently holding Hridhan's hands to stop him.

When I caught sight of my little sister, I was overcome with emotion. Her embrace was like a balm to my soul, refreshing me after what felt like an eternity. Aradhya and Hridhan exchanged pleasantries, but this girl started her drama again.