33

ARNA

Maybe he's attractive.

Or maybe I'm simply enchanted by him. I can't quite explain why I can't tear my eyes away from him. It's not just his perfect features; there's something more.

Maybe it's his character, or simply him.

I lean against his shoulder, gazing up at the sky. I'm trying my hardest. Trying not to fall.

Not to fall in love with him.

I couldn't resist feeding him while he expertly crafted delicious dosas for me. He deserves it.

Sometimes, it's the smallest gestures that feel the most profound. I've never rested my head on a man's shoulder before. He's the exception. I can't pinpoint the exact reason. Maybe he's my husband, or it's just him.

He's a pure man. No, not right.

A fucking rare man of profound understanding!

A chilly breeze brushes against me, causing a shiver. Without hesitation, he pulls me closer. I don't resist. This time, I find myself drawn to his warmth. I melt into his warmth, feeling safe and cherished in his arms.

Maybe he values me. Which no-one did.

I'm captivated by the way he cares for me, not just with words but with gestures that speak volumes. His touch sends a thrill through me, a sensation I hadn't expected but welcome nonetheless.

I find solace in his presence, trusting him in a way I haven't trusted anyone before.

Making a mistake! I know I am risking everything but who can stop me ? 

Who dares to ? No one. 

His closeness is intoxicating, drawing me deeper into a realm where time seems to stand still. I bury my face against his chest, breathing in his scent, and for once, everything feels right in the world.

Everything.

This isn't just about the cold air anymore; it's about the warmth of his heart reaching out to mine, creating a connection that transcends mere words.

The next day, we found ourselves at the supermarket, realizing we were running low on groceries. The challenge now was that I wasn't familiar with many names of the items.

Hridhan unfolded the list he had prepared.

Intha manushan yen ippidi irukkaru ? I thought to myself as I glanced over at him.

He studied the list for a moment, then looked up with a smile. "Seri, baby, na pathi vanguren. Nee pathi vangu, seekram mudichuralam," he said reassuringly.

Nalathu. Ennaku onnumey theriyathey 

"Intha," he said, handing me a piece of the large list that had been halved. He took the other half for himself.

What a brilliant idea.

"Ithu ellam vangidu, ethuvum miss pannidatha," he remarked before heading off to check his side of the list.

Meanwhile, I stared down at my half of the list.

"Kothuma mavu," I muttered to myself. First things first, I needed to figure out what kothuma mavu was. I instinctively reached for my phone, only to realize with a sinking feeling that I had left it behind.

I pursed my lips, staring blankly at the unfamiliar item on the list. Let's think this through. I'll start with the things I know, and then I can ask Hridhan for help.