52 (Part 2)

Author's narrative

A month later, Adhiraj was sitting beside a large bed on which Amayra was resting. She has led to intense internal injuries and has succumbed to the world of darkness. She hasn't moved from her bed and besides him, she didn't even want to meet anybody.

"Mr. Singhania, the patient's condition is critical. We don't know if she'll wake up. She had been assaulted with a brutal force which had caused great internal injury. Moreover, she has been penetrated with a hard object, which I assume, was a metallic rod. Even her intestines seemed to be damaged. I'm not sure if she'll be able to walk ever again."

Adhiraj closed his eyes as tears escaped his eyes continously. How did they end up like this? What did his little girl even do to face so much cruelty?

She was always supposed to be happy and safe. But this time, she's been damaged beyond repair. He knew she'll never be the same again.

"Amayra, are you awake?" He wiped his tears immediately and took a deep breath to calm himself. His actions were fast, but so were Amayra's eyes. She saw him crying. Nonetheless, she couldn't help but feel numb.

"Do you need anything?" He asked her. Amayra looked at the ceiling above without any response. Adhiraj has been very caring, but it was starting to seem as if he didn't care. But she couldn't deny that her heart knew he was devastated. At this point, everyone seemed fake to her.

"Would you like to eat? You probably should. Please mera baccha." Amayra didn't reply to that. Adhiraj ordered a plate of food and soon enough, he forwarded the first spoonful to her lips. Amayra looked at him blankly.

"I-I need to make you sit," he bit his lips hard, seemingly devastated. However, he slowly moved forward and asked her. "Can I make you sit?" Her breathing turned heavy yet she didn't deny him.

Adhiraj carefully pulled Amayra up, not missing the way her body started to tremble, both in fear and pain. Tears flowed down her eyes as she felt the excruciating pain down below.

However, Adhiraj was quick and efficient. Amayra leaned back down and sucked in a harsh breath. She wanted nothing more than to end her life then and there. Not only she was used, but now everyday, her every movement reminds her of the torment.

"After I'm done with you, I'll make sure you won't be able to walk for a long long time little one." He said between his thrusts.

She smiled bitterly at the memory.

Her brother actually kept this promise.

After feeding her with his own hands, Adhiraj hesitantly forwarded a pack of chocolate towards her. That was her favorite white chocolate. Amayra looks at it and felt something.

Was it pity?

He was her father. They one who was ever so strong. It made her heart constrict at his condition. This man seemed to never rest and be constantly there for her. He looked so vulnerable that she felt hurt. After all, no daughter could ever see her father cry before her, much less because of her.

She looked at him with teary eyes and nodded slowly. Adhiraj unwrapped the chocolate and gave her a piece. Her tears fell down on his palms, and he wiped them softly.

"I-it h-hurts," she whispered slowly. Adhiraj was elated to hear her. She spoke for the first time since she woke up a week ago. Yet his heart clenched at her pain. He slowly took her hands in his and kissed them softly. "I'm sorry babygirl. I failed to protect you." Amayra bit her lips to stop the sob that was threatening to escape her.

"Just know that I'm always with you. No one can take your place." Amayra nodded frantically while she sobbed.

"I just want to know who it was." Amayra froze. She didn't want to tell him who he was. That'll cause a lot of problems.

Her expression told him that she wasn't going to answer that. He left the topic and decided to let her sleep. Amayra also slept, feeling unusually tired.

The door opened with a click, revealing Abhimanyu. Amayra's light sleep broke and she looked at him. Blood drained down her face as she watched him. Her figure started trembling as he made his way towards her.

Abhimanyu observed her expression and felt a little bad. He shouldn't have treated her in the way he did, he really shouldn't have, but it was necessary for her to know that she shouldn't defy him.

"Calm down. Why are you afraid?" He slowly embraced her in his arms and she started to shake violently. As she was laying down, he was hovering over her.

"It's okay, it will be all okay little girl."

She wanted so hard to push him away, but she was not able to move herself. Her eyes were drawn to the blood stain on his shirt, and it sure wasn't his.

Who was this man?

As her condition worsened, Abhimanyu decided to leave. He didn't want to scare her further.

Adhiraj barged inside the room, only to see Amayra's hysterics. He managed to calm her down after a long time and was shocked at the sentence that escaped her lips.

"I-I w-want to l-leave."