8

Hiiii! On today's fanart, we have this beauty of an art piece from the one and only @BeetleBlood  so a huge round of applause for them! I freaking adore how [Name] just looks like she's terrified because that's literally how she is 24/7. Now then, let's move onto the chapter!

————

You had your gaze fixed permanently on the three unfamiliar spirits in front of you.

The only male spirit out of them, had his eyes blown wide in shock as he continued to stare at Nana, the words leaving his mouth on reflex. "M... om?"

Mom? Is that Nana's son?!

Holy shit! What, is the entire family dead or something?!

"Kotaro..." Nana drawed out, her voice strained as if it actually pained her to say his name. Her voice was the stimulus the man–you now know was called Kotaro–needed to snap back to reality as his face unfurled a wrathful expression.

"What... are you doing here?" Is he sure he's supposed to be the one asking that question? Nana seems like a hero to you, it seemed appropriate for her to tether herself to a hero school, or something of that sort. This guy, on the other hand... doesn't seem like he'd be a hero.

"K-Kotaro!" Nana yelled out, her eyes already beginning to water at the sight of her son. But all she was met with is a look of anger. "Don't say my name so casually! You were the one who abandoned me, now you want to play family?!"

"Kotaro, I had no other choice–"

"Don't give me that crap! Heroes like you are all selfish!"

"Dad!" The little girl cried out as Shoji grabbed you by the shoulders, making you snap back to the world of the living. "[Last Name]-san, what are you doing?! We need to go!"

Fucking hell, can't he read the room?!

Oh wait... He can't see them...

Nevermind.

"I–" You started off, not knowing what to do or say. But it seems like you weren't given the luxury to think because Nana's super rude son sneered as he turned his back, "He's leaving. Let's go, you two."

By he, does he mean the person he's tethered to?

The brunette accompanying Kotaro and the little girl seemed pretty uncomfortable, but she didn't say much as she grabbed onto the little girl's hand and tugged her along to follow Kotaro's receding figure.

"Kotaro, wait!" Nana yelled out and rushed after him, making your eyes widen in fear. You can't just let her run around without anyone to tether to! What if she encounters a stray spirit?!

"Nana-san, stop!" You yelled out, completely ignoring the confused look Shoji gave you, which was quickly replaced with a look of shock. "[Last Name]-san, where are you going?!"

The poor guy rushed to grab you but you were faster in scurrying behind Nana, who, in turn was running behind her son.

What kind of cartoonish chase scene is this?!

Still, you ignored Shoji's calls and followed Nana's translucent figure as her son and the two females sped-floated to God-knows-where.

Jesus, what is up with this guy?! Can't he just hear his mom out?

Rina and Shizuka, along with Oboro and Yoichi were also hot on your trails, and if this hadn't been a somewhat serious situation, you would have laughed at how funny this all was. You guys were practically making a trail of one person chasing another.