10

Here you go, the very well-anticipated chapter

————

Sirens blared all around the area.

Everything... was loud.

Aizawa could only stare ahead after he had said those words... Those God awful words that he wished he would never have to say about any of his students. And yet, here he was.

He could faintly make out what had happened after he has declared that; the horrified gasps of his students, the horror that painted Kirishima's face, the shocked look on Bakugo's. Asui's aghast gaze and... just absolute fear on Midoriya's face.

All Might, still tired from the fight with the Nomu, had yet to know of [Last Name][Name]'s condition.

And then, the Principal arrived, along with the rest of the teachers. It should have brought a sense of relief to the ravenette, but it only made the man's chest tighten.

He watched how Midnight picked up your lifeless body, rushing towards the gates where the ambulances were waiting. The R-18 woman didn't even wait for the paramedics to enter and get your body, she had already rushed to the task.

Like a wandering soul, Aizawa ran behind her, shamefully leaving the rest of his students to Present Mic and Vlad.

He just wanted to believe, for even a second, that there was a chance to save you.

He watched, with Nemuri holding onto his arm in an attempt to support the man, how the paramedics immediately rushed to you. How they charged the defibrillators before pressing them onto your chest. How some of the doctors tried to use their healing quirks on you.

The doors of the ambulance closed shut when Nezu was asked to accompany them in the ambulance, as they rushed to the hospital. The rat principal wasted no time in complying and immediately got in.

For a moment, Aizawa had hope.

That perhaps... you might have a chance.

But then, his eyes casted towards the back doors of the ambulance and he saw your body, still lifelessly sprawled on the stretcher, your heartbeat monitor still showing flatlines.

Aizawa... had forgotten how to breath. In? Out? Deep breaths? Don't give him that crap, there's a child–his student! Right there, in front of him!

Why aren't you getting up?!

Was the voltage of the defibrillator not enough?! Should he get Kaminari?! Why aren't you waking up?! This isn't funny!

Do these paramedics even know how to do their job–

"S-Shota, calm down–" Nemuri's voice was like a bucket of cold water being splashed onto him, at the moment. He felt as if he had just woken up from a nightmare; a very bad nightmare.

But even when he gathered his bearings, the horror didn't end.

You didn't wake up, at least in the duration of however long the ambulance took to drive away from his sight. His students–Midoriya was still injured. The damage had already been done, the villains didn't get caught...

Everything... Everything had gone so, so wrong.

And all Aizawa could think of, was how it all resembled the time he lost Oboro.

Looks like he hasn't changed one bit.

Aizawa Shota still... could not save an innocent child.

————