Chapter 6 Haru

I moved swiftly through the crowded halls, my anger simmering beneath the surface. I had to find out what was happening and put a stop to it. As I turned a corner, I spotted a group of students huddled together, snickering and passing around a phone. My pulse quickened with apprehension as I approached them, my fists clenched at my sides.

"What are you guys looking at?" I demanded, my voice sharper than I intended.

The students jumped, startled by my sudden appearance. They exchanged nervous glances before one of them reluctantly handed me the phone. I snatched it from them, my heart sinking as I saw the video playing on the screen. It was Yuki—my Yuki—being bullied and humiliated by a group of students.

A surge of protectiveness washed over me, drowning out any other emotions. How could anyone be so cruel to someone as kind and gentle as Yuki? Anger burned hot in my chest as I watched the torment unfold on the screen.

"This stops now," I growled, my voice low and dangerous. I deleted the video from the phone with a swift motion and fixed the students with a steely glare. "If I catch any of you spreading this again, there will be consequences. Got it?"

The students nodded, their eyes wide with fear. I turned on my heel and marched away, my mind racing with a plan. I had to protect Yuki, no matter what it took.

When I returned to where I had left her, I found Yuki sitting on the bench, her eyes filled with worry. "Haru, what's happening?" she asked, her voice trembling.

I knelt in front of her, taking her hands in mine. "There's a video of you being bullied. It's been going around the school."

Yuki's eyes widened in horror. "What? How...how did this happen?"

"I don't know," I said, my voice gentle but firm. "But we're going to stop it. We're going to the principal's office right now."

As we made our way to the principal's office, I kept a protective arm around Yuki, glaring at anyone who dared to look our way. When we arrived, I explained the situation to the principal, showing her the video.

"This is unacceptable," the principal said, her face stern. "We'll take immediate action to stop this and find out who is responsible."

After the meeting, I walked Yuki back to class, my arm still around her protectively. "I won't let anyone hurt you again, Yuki," I vowed. "You deserve better than this."

Yuki felt a warmth spread through her chest at my words, a small spark of hope rekindling within her. "Thank you, Haru. I don't know what I'd do without you."

I smiled gently. "You don't have to worry about that. I'm here for you, always."

We returned to our classroom, and I stayed close by her side for the rest of the day. The whispers and stares continued, but with my support, Yuki felt a little stronger, a little more resilient.

After the final bell rang, I headed to my locker. As I was gathering my things, my best friend, Satoshi, approached me, a curious expression on his face.

"Hey, Haru," Satoshi said, leaning against the locker next to mine. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up?" I replied, glancing at him.

Satoshi hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Why are you being so nice to Yuki? I mean, I've never seen you this protective over anyone before."

I paused, thinking about how to explain my actions. "I don't really know, Satoshi. I just... I feel like I need to protect her."

Satoshi raised an eyebrow. "Protect her? From what?"

"From the bullies, the cruelty, everything," I said, my voice firm. "She doesn't deserve any of it."