CHAPTER FOUR - The Beat Goes On

Emily's POV

Charlotte and I on the sofa in the man cave. Piles of fan mail for Captain Man and Kid Danger sat in front of us. Don't get me wrong, they protect our city and do a good job at it. But cmon, in reality they are two idiots who share a brain cell. Surely they don't attract that many fans? Although a lot of it is from The Man Fans... Captain Man and Kid Dangers group of mega fans.

I hear a bang coming from the elevator. Shwoz walks out while holding a large sack of fan mail, "hey! Here's another sack" he says.

"No way... more fan mail?" Charlotte asks, her tone filled with shock.

"You've gotta be kidding me" I sigh, letting my chin fall to my chest. I lift my head back up and lean on the table.

"Ya!" Shwoz yells, looking at Charlotte and me, "Captain Man and Kid Danger are very poopular in this town!" He says, his voice displaying his strong accent.

I turn around to see Ray coming down the steps.

"Shwoz!" He yells, causing me and Charlotte to scrunch our faces, "I found another one of your diseased eggs in my tanning bed." He holds up a pinkish egg.

"Tanning bed?" I ask, trying to hold back a laugh when picturing Ray using a tanning bed.

"He's not diseased!" Shwoz protests, "yet.."

Ray goes to sniff the egg.

"Why would he sniff it?" I ask Charlotte who is going through fan mail letters.

"Uh what are you guys talking about?" She asks.

"Shwoz gets his jollies by blasting eggs with all kinds of weird radiation, so he can see what happens when they hatch" Ray states, holding up the weird looking egg in his hand.

I can't help but think the egg is almost the size of his head, funny how that works out. 

Shwoz stops hauling fan mail out of the sack he brought into the man cave, "it's fun to create mutants" he says, lifting his arms and shrugging his shoulders as if it was normal.

"Yeah! Must've been real fun for your mom. Ooh!" Ray jokes. Charlotte and I can't help but burst out laughing. Although me and Ray currently don't get along, I must admit he is funny.

"Hey.." Shwoz sadly says.

Ray throws the egg to Shwoz, who nearly dropped it, "I want that egg off this property" he says, pointing to the elevator before walking away.

I hear a small beep and turn around to see Henry come out from the man cave wall, "hey guys!" He pauses, "somebody left this can of whipped cream in the weapons room"

"Ooh gimme so I can spray some in my mouth!" I say with excitement, Henry heads over to me and hands me the whipped cream. Before I got the chance to spray any in my mouth, Shwoz comes running towards me, kinda like a troll.

"Be careful with this!" He exclaims, grabbing the whipped cream out of my hand.

I frown, "hey don't hog it!"

"Why should she be careful?" Henry asks with confusion.

"I show you" Showz smirks before turning to Ray, "hey Rayyy" he spoke.

Ray looked up from whatever piece of fan mail he was looking at and smiled, "yeah what's up?"

Me and Charlotte watched as the whipped cream zapped Ray, who yelled in pain. In less than 2 seconds, Rays entire shirt had burnt and he looked like he had been on fire. We all laughed.