07. ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?

CHAPTER SEVEN
_____________

                    KAILANI GUARANTEED me that she will be perfectly fine walking down the aisle today

KAILANI GUARANTEED me that she will be perfectly fine walking down the aisle today. Lance and I told her it would be fine to push the wedding back but she assured us that today is the day. I think she's doing this to distract herself from everything and honestly, I don't blame her.

She invited her friends from work, my friends from work since my friends are her friends. We basically have no family left so we didn't have to worry about anyone there. I'm her maid of honor, of course. Lance's brother Garrett is the man of honor so I'll have to walk down the aisle with him. We're not the best of friends but we tolerate each other.

I currently find myself ironing out Reid's suit since he has yet to learn the very valuable life skill himself.

"Which tie?" Spencer asks me, holding up a black and a red tie.

I glare at him. "Why would you wear a red tie with a blue suit?"

"Oh, yeah." He's suddenly overcome with realization as if he forgot what color his suit was.

"Dumbass." I mumble under my breath, doing the last finishing touches to his suit. I place it neatly back in the bag and hand it over to him.

"Also, if you even think about wearing those converse to her wedding I will rip up your invitation." He sighs dramatically as if I just told him his favorite author died.

I check my wristwatch for the time. "Shit. Reid, we gotta go."

I grab both of our clothes, shoes and bags before walking out the door. Since I have to arrive early to get my makeup done professionally, Spencer decided that we'll just arrive early together since we only have one vehicle.

Once we arrive at the venue, I immediately put him to work by making him help set things up. I walk into another room to see Kailani getting her hair done since the bride always gets their appearance done up first.

I grab a chair and sit in front of her.

My hands take hers. "I'm proud of you."

"I'm proud of you too," She gives me a smile. "Hey can I talk to you about something?"

I nod. "Yeah, of course."

Kailani looks at the mirror to make sure the hair stylist has her headphones on. I take notice to that, making me worry that something is wrong.

"I'm sorry for kind of blowing you off for the past few weeks. I've just been trying to process and heal and I don't want to blame you for what happened but it's just so complicated and I.."

I'm on the verge of tears. "Oh, Kailani. I never ever wanted you to be involved in this. If I could take it all back, I would. I understand entirely if you blame me. I do too."