eyes full of stars

june 1799

as the sun hangs high in the air, he stands atop of a hill, gazing out over the landscape in front of him – the edge of his kingdom. all the clues to you have led to this place.

it has been months since he's last seen you, years since your bond has been torn apart by the harsh realities of your same worlds in different galaxies. he can't help but wonder what you are doing, where you are. are you happy? are you in pain? do you ever think of him? or has someone else been making you forget about him?

the wind picks up, rustling through the leaves of the tall trees, their branches swaying gently in the breeze. he closes his eyes, taking a deep breath, trying to calm the racing thoughts in his mind.

he sees himself again as a 9 year old boy, meeting you for the first time, under the shade of an ancient oak in the gardens of the palace. you had been the most beautiful creature he's ever seen, with your gorgeous hair and eyes a color he hasn't seen anywhere else. he awkwardly told you who he was after you'd mistaken him for his brother.

he once was so certain your love was destined to last forever.

he remembers the day it all came crashing down around you two, the look of shock and disbelief in your eyes as he ordered every single guard to keep you locked in the palace. you fought, screamed, cried, pleaded for your freedom, but all he did was lock your door.

he feels a tear trickle down his cheek before he brushes it away angrily, refusing to let himself grief about his own mistakes. the salt of his tear stings his pale, dry cheek. he clutches his cloak tightly around him, trying to block the sun.

"are you okay?" taehyung asks as he gets back after finding a spot for the horses to drink.

"yeah."

"a lot has happened between the two of you," taehyung carefully begins.

when yoongi doesn't reply, he adds, "just to prevent breaking your own heart, don't expect anything from her other than her coming back to the palace to help jungsil haerin."

you remember the first time you ever saw him. you were crying, clutching onto your father's hand when he had to leave to fight in a war. he didn't notice you looking at him, since his brother started talking to him.

your sobs stopped when you saw him, though you didn't know why, but his presence made everything seem alright. like you knew he'd always be there for you.

your mind almost always wanders back to the night when he confessed his love for you. his eyes held you captive as he spoke, but you could see the blush creeping up his face.