Realization

(First Person) Astrid

At times, I wish I was born in a different lifetime. A lifetime with peace. Peace. A simple concept that means a thousand different things. What really is peace? A truce till someone comes along wanting more than what they have. Until greed consumes them, making them take and shed innocent blood. Peace, is temporary. Never permanent. When the clone wars comes to an end, another one will just follow suit. Until people but aside selfish motives, is then, and only then, will this galaxy ever experience real peace. If there is a land, were there is everlasting peace, then its just a dream. A dream so many people in this galaxy want so much they will shed innocent blood for it. But is that peace? Or is it fear? It seems only through fear is when people truly listen. But that is not peace. So, in the end, no matter how hard this galaxy try's, they will never get what they call peace. Peace, is just a fantasy.

"I don't mean to interrupt your thoughts, but I don't think we have been properly introduced". I lifted my head from spacing out to see the clone with the mullet. "I guess not" I responded, not meeting his gaze. He walked over to the fire and took a seat next to me. "Names Hunter" mullet boy stated as he took a ration bar from his pack. He broke it in half, holding a piece out to me. "Thank you" I stated with a small grin. I took a bite from it, trying to savor the taste. "Do you have any idea what these things are made of" I asked with slight disgusted look on my face. "Don't know. But, I think that's for the best" Hunter replied with a chuckle. I smiled as I slightly chuckled.

"So, who exactly are you?" Hunter asked as he bit into the ration bar. None or your business mullet boy. "Anything anyone wants me to be, I guess" I stated coldly. "So you're a lapdog" Hunter replied, not meeting my gaze. "You sound like the sniper" I said with a scoff. "Well, the 'sniper' has a name. It's Crosshair and he says whatever the heck he wants without taking into consideration how anyone might feel afterwards" Hunter said sternly. I nodded my head and replied, "Really think I am a lapdog"? "I think, you don't normally ack like a thorn in the side" Hunter shot back, pointing at me. I glared at his finger then rolled my eyes. I sighed. He's got me there, I am being kind of rude. "Sorry, Hunter. I'm not normally a jerk. A lots been going on is all...with my master" I said genuinely. "You a Jedi" Hunter asked with some surprise laced in his voice.

I hesitated for a minute. The only other person that knows about me being an experiment is Cody. Plus people that work in the lab. I replied, saying, "I'm an experiment, my master is the one that made me into what I am now". Hunter started to ponder what I've just revealed to him. "It's...hard to say the least, to cope with the idea you are an experiment. But, the sooner you accept it, I suppose, the easier it is to deal with it" Hunter calmly stated as he stared into the fire. I nodded my head. He's right again. "It's hard to deal with it, when you know you are different from all the other experiments" I admitted as I poked the fire with a stick. "Yeah it is. Trust me I know. So does the rest of my squad" Hunter said in a monotone. I gave a confused look then asked, "Are you some sort of special ops division of clones"? "Yep" Hunter said, popping the 'p'.

"HUNTER!! WHERE ARE THE RATIONS" came a loud booming voice coming out of the forest. "Gone, Wrecker remember. You ate all of yours yesterday" Hunter replied with a shake of the head. He groaned and sat by Hunter, helmet in hand. "Oh, sorry. Did I interrupt something" the large clone called Wrecker asked with slight embarrassment. My eye instantly went to the blade in his boot. "You spare, Wrecker" I asked with curiosity. "No. Hunter does though" Wrecker responded, pointing at Hunter. Hunter shrugged with a smirk. "Anyways, back to what I wanted to say-" Hunter stated, side eyeing Wrecker. "-we are a group of defective clones with desirable mutations. Take Wrecker for example, he can lift more than 10 times his body weight". My eyes slightly widened. Nice. I wonder how much he can bench.