Chapter 3 • A Dismissive Ranking

Riddle and Azul watch as her left eye glows red and Grim freezes.

Riddle: "Off With Your Head!"

Grim: "MYAH?! What are you doing?!"

Riddle: "The Queen of Heart's Rule 23: "One must never bring a cat to a formal affair." Your very presence here is a violation of order. You will vacate these premises immediately."

Grim: "But I ain't a cat either! Don't try to collar me! I'll burn it right off! Huh...? Wh-what gives? My fire ain't workin'!"

Riddle: "Until I deign to remove that collar, you won't be using any magic. You're naught but a pet cat now."

Y/n: "Ouch. That's cold."

Grim: "M-meoWHAT?! I ain't nobody's pet-NOTHING!"

Riddle: "Oh, you've nothing to worry about there. I certainly have no interest in having you as a pet. The collar will disappear once you're removed from campus."

Azul: "Ha-HA! Good show as always, Riddle. You're signature spell locks down any magic. It's quite handy. I've just GOT to have it—ah, I mean, I've just got to have respect for it."

Crowley: "Was I not clear that you are expected to take responsibility for your familiar? Now discipline your—"

Y/n: "It's not mine."

Crowley: "What's that? It isn't yours?"

Y/n: "I've told you repeatedly that it isn't mine!"

Crowley: "Oh...Is that so?"

Crowley clears his throat.

Crowley: "Then I shall have it expelled from campus. I shall even spare it from being served as dinner. My, but I AM kind. ...Someone take this away, please."

Grim: "Nooooo! Let me gooooo! You fools better remember my name! Cause I'm gonna go down in the annals of magic history! Just you wait!"

Y/n: I wonder why he was so desperate to stay here?

Crowley: "Well, that was quite the unexpected fracas. I hereby declare that orientation has concluded. Housewardens, please escort your students back to the dorms. ...Hm? Come to think of it, I don't see Housewarden Draconia of House Diasomnia anywhere."

Y/n: "Was he informed?

Male with lion ears: "And that surprises you? Dude's a total recluse."

Red-Eyed Male: "Wait a sec... Did anyone even invite him?"

Handsome Male: "If you're that worried about him missing out, maybe you should have told him yourself."

Red-eyed male: "Maybe, but I don't know him too well either..."

Yuki stands behind Y/n. 

Y/n: "You could've sent a letter."

A: "Draconia... Like, Malleus Draconia? THAT Draconia?"

B: "So it's true? He really does go to school here?"

C: "Yikes."

Deep-voiced Male: "Ah. Just as I'd expected. I figured I'd come down and see for myself whether Malleus had made an appearance.But once again, he was evidently not informed that his presence was required at an official ceremony.

Azul: "You have my sincerest apologies. I assure you, this oversight was in no way intended as a snub."

Y/n: "How many oversights until it becomes a snub?"

Riddle: "I mean, you must admit, he's not exactly the easiest person to strike up a conversation with."

Deep-Voiced Male: "No matter. All who were assigned to House Diasomnia, follow me. I just hope he doesn't sulk about this."

Crowley: "Well, Y/n. This is a most unfortunate turn of events. I'm afraid that you will not be attending Night Raven Collage after all. Surely you realize, that I cannot very well admit a student with no magical ability to my academy. But worry not. The Dark Mirror will see you safely home. Now, step into the gate, and visualize the place you whence you came."

Y/n: "WHOOO! Time to hunt!"

Y/n rushes to the mirror practically bouncing in excitement causing a few of the students to snicker and whisper to each other.

Leona: I haven't seen someone so excited to hunt in n a long time.

Crowley: "O Dark Mirror! Return this soul to where it belongs!"

The Dark Mirror: "......"

Y/n: "Eh?"

Crowley: "L-let us, er...try this again. O Dark Mirror! Return this soul—"

The Dark Mirror: "There is no such place."

Y/n: "Noooooooo!" Why?! I just wanted to hunt the demonic bus.

Crowley: "What?"

The Dark Mirror: "There is no place in this world where this soul belongs. None."

Crowley: "How can that be? My, but today is a veritable cavalcade of impossible phenomena!"

The Dark Mirror: "......"

Charles: "Huh?"

Y/n: "Doesn't matter."

Crowley: "This has never happended throughout my long tenure. I must confess that I am at something of a loss. Tell me: From what land do you hail?"

Y/n: "(Place)."

Crowley: "I'm afraid I am not familiar with such a place. I am intimately acquainted with the origins of every student who has ever come here, and yet... This mysterious homeland of your eludes me. Let us go to the library and look it up, shall we?"