Shingeki 3

The Saga of The Talons, as it was later known, saw the highest single confrontation loss in all of the history of the Falcon. Of around the 2000 talons assigned to this battle, only 154 made it back alive, disregarding their injuries.

The Galkmon army, however primitive compared to the Falcon Eye, conceived of 5 m long harpoons and strapped excessive weight on its tip in the form of titanium and a glass cylinder of alcohol to further the momentum as well as to burst into flames on contact; by dosing cooking oil into various slits in the harpoons, they were able to keep it ablaze for its entirety in the sky. The position of what the Galkmons believed to be "dragons" were calculated via assigning personnels trained with acute hearing to listen for "dragon roars"(otherwise the rumbling of the carrier jets' turbo engines) in the sky and report to the people below as well as the estimated position of the sound. A calculation unit within a mobile carriage then predicts the position of the fleet through analysing the data of the listeners.

When the Falcon central command realised that they were under attack, it was too late. The harpoons, though primitive, were able to be launched to sonic speeds through the ejection system of the ballistae. Its streamlined, heavily-tipped body allowed it to carry its momentum for a prolonged time in the air, maintaining its speed and force.

Of the 500 aircrafts that were dispatched for this mission, only 50 were able to return to base independent of damage recovery crews.

The Saga of the Talons saw much sacrifice and much courage of the warriors of the Falcons, the Talons that were able to make it into battle not skewered by the flaming spears or vaporised by the exploding planes were either in shock or in a frenzy to exterminate the enemy that had killed so much of their own. Yet, it was not enough. The Talons, an estimated 300 in numbers and mostly without the protection of their APCs, were extremely outnumbered against the 9 million well coordinated Galkmon army. Despite the clearly superior weapons of the Falcon Eye that were beyond the comprehension of the modern world, the Talons were oppressed by the sheer number of their enemies. In which their bullets were gradually depleted, and their armours worn down strike by strike, painted with blood and the odd flesh. Many ingenuities occurred during this time, and many mysteries that were no doubt conducted through rage, hate and sadness over their dead comrades. One of them is the rumour that the Falcon Eye had dispatched the Yozakura force, the only rational explanation of how the Galkmon army was wiped out without a full bombardment.

Another is the case of a Talon that were reported missing. His body never found, and his shadow never seen again.

As Cikagn and Amelia mindlessly killed their paths through the Galkmon army, consumed by grief and rage, it gradually became clear to them that their ammunition was running out.

As their rage subsided and sense came to them, they examined themselves.

Cikagn was left to his last magazine, and 4 in 6 of his knives were blunt after being thrust into so many armours. The mechanical joints of his exoskeletons were slick with blood, and a red tint glazed the outside of his helmet. He imagined the terrifying appearance he must look outside, a black barrage of metal and steel, crackling with blood and smoke.

He calmed himself, realising that he had depleted his missile slot, and was left with only 1 more grenade. His AR display informed him that his battery is low, and a dent in his back bunched uncomfortably against his skin.

It became clear that an extraction must be imminent or they might join their family in the sky.

Too bad his satellite link was broken.

"Amy, proceed in one direction only," he said calmly through the intercom, "we need to kill our way to the edge of the army and try to regroup in the woods."