How to Use a Nuclear Missile

Cikagn had read about these structures before.

Missile sequences, built by the ancients with their superior technology and all consuming bloodlust. They are some 20 metres deep, perfectly straight vertical ditches that contain missiles the size of buildings. A single one is enough to obliterate an entire city, and its after effects leaving its strike area mostly uninhabitable for decades. Called ICBMs, they are capable of extreme combustions and release of huge amounts of energy. As well as cause long-term and lethal health issues to those exposed to it without protection. The ancients, at the end of their time, had built these sequences to launch entire fleets of ICBMs at each other without having to program each and every missile. The result was the complete obliteration of the surface world and their various civilizations. However, they continued to bomb each other's territories for a few more centuries before resources ran out and riots became rampant in the underground corridors. The ancients eventually dug themselves up by the roots in massacre after massacre.

The Homura System, built by the Empire of Nippon who had control over the entire continent of Asia and parts of Europe at that time, was placed around the entire Siberian plateau, the Tibetan regions and the Middle East deserts. It consists of several sub-sequences for different effects, the Shingeki, Satoru, Hoshino, Tsukuyomi and Makima sequences, as well an autonomous defence force called the Nean armada. This is built to counter the Ares Web, by the United Nations of Athena, which were a union of countries in the American continent and European continent. The Shingeki sequence was most famous amongst the other sequences due to it being the most heavily used sequence during the end of the ancients' time. It is currently the only archaeologically recoverable weapon of the ancients due to the amount produced and the wide area that the sequence was established. In which the Falcon Eye tries to neutralise the missiles to prevent spontaneous combustions that might cause severe damage to local civilisations and ecosystems. The tests on the Shingeki missiles conducted by the Falcon Eye have seen failure and the eventual death of the scientists due to the missile's radiation and highly combustible substances that are still active after being buried underground for thousands of years. Thus the organisation had already deemed centuries ago that all discoveries of Shingeki missiles be reported and observed as the Falcon Eye does not have the ability to contain the contents of these ancient weapons.

It had been suspected that there might be Shingeki systems in Northern Europe, but it was never confirmed due to archeological teams unable to find them at the suspected locations. And the Falcon Eye analysts' belief that all Homura Systems were built far away from the frontlines to prevent them from possible strikes. Therefore the Falcon Eye dismissed this suspicion as mere folktale amongst the Talons.

Yet, Cikagn and Amelia found themselves standing on top of the lid of a massive missile hole.

As the troops climb towards them, Cikagn and Amelia can only gape in shock at the discovery and potential berserker weapon below them.

During training, the Talons were told that they could utilise non-Falcon commissioned weapons for emergency measures, disregarding their attention draw and damage. They were taught to fashion makeshift weapons from metal scraps, twigs, and stones, as well as ways to manipulate  weapons of the ancients. From bombs, landmines, to guns, the Falcon Eye has excessive libraries on the weapons of the ancients, in which methods of manipulation have been catalogued, no matter experimental or hypothetical. Cikagn, before being assigned to his Talon team, had spent excessive time in the Falcon city library, reading about the ancients. The Falcon city library archives also contained hypothetical methods of combusting ancient mass-damage explosives.

And one of them he is going to try now.

Motioning to Amelia, he said into the telecom "Give me five minutes, hold of the enemy."