1

Warning:

This book contains 18+ content such as coarse language, violence and triggering content.

Content such as mental health, abuse, sex and more will be mentioned throughout this book.

This book contains romance amongst 5 men. Yes. 5 men. It's a polyamorous book.

Caspian's POV

"Shut up." I glared at the shifter. That guy yaps way too much for his own good. He takes a cocky step towards me as his hands slides to my ass.

"Or what?" He taunts as he gives it a slight squeeze. I held his gaze with annoyance. "Or I'll leave you to bleed on the battlefield."

His smirk disappears as he groans, raising his hands up in mock surrender. "Can't believe you'll leave me to die."

I heard a familiar chuckle behind me and I turned to see our marksman leaning against the door. He pushes his glasses up and strides into the room. "Can't keep your hands off our pretty healer, huh?" He mocks the shifter.

I felt his fingers brush through my golden locks as I glared up at him as well. "Speak for yourself, Green." The shifter mocks.

These two imbeciles were part of my team, along with our captain and vice captain. Together we formed a small team of 5 under the special forces.  The special forces formed hundreds and thousands of years ago and the five of us were pioneers in this organisation.

I was recruited as a child, when the captain found me alone in a burning forest. The humans had found out about us, called us demons and foolishly burned our forest down. There were a few survivors, which was why the healing fairies were so rare and powerful, only a handful of us managed to get out alive.

I could barely remember my family's face, but to be fair, that incident happened thousands of years ago.

I am the youngest of the team and I genuinely thought I'd at least be with people who were mature. I thought wrong.

Arion Burton is our shifter. He posses the power to allow him to shift into animals, as the name suggests. What made him stand out from other shifters was how he was able to shift into animals no others could and how he could use the animals' abilities in human form. Arion is huge. He stood tall and buff. This man's 6'4 height towered over my 5'10 frame.

Drax Green is our marksman. He had eyes sharper than anyone's and an aim nobody could replicate. Give him any gun and he'll never once miss a target. He was exceptionally good at hand to hand combat as well. Drax was slightly smaller than Arion, but still tall and muscular. He stood proudly at 6'2, a height that put mine to shame.

Our vice captain, Orson Everest, was the brains of the group. He was lean, toned and had the body that I dreamed I had. He was 6 ft, just slightly taller than I was. Orson is quite literally the nanny of the group, he was always calm, collected and knew how to deal with the two. Orson worked with the element of fire, a contrasting power compared to his personality.

Our captain, Knox Valor, was a sight to fucking behold. He's taller and bigger than any of us was. Everyone is intimidated by the sight of him, everyone except me. Knox may seem like a crazy intimidating man, whose looks could literally kill, but he was a giant teddy bear to me. Knox was an all rounder, he was amazing at hand to hand combat, better than anyone I know, and had telekinesis and telepathic powers. He was one of the strongest people I know.

And then you have me, 5'10, flat belly, 0 muscles, 0 motivation to go to the gym. The only thing that I was good at, was healing and anything to do with nature... Like.. manipulating trees.. Boring.

The group's relationship was complicated. They sure as hell are touchy but nobody really confirmed or said anything about it, so this was how we have been for centuries.

"Keep your mouth shut, Burton." Drax retorts as he continues playing with my hair.

"Both of you are annoying, don't touch me." I grumble as I swat Arion's hands away

I plop myself onto the comfy leather chair as the two follow suit, glaring daggers at one another. I let out a quiet sigh, how mature. Apparently, we were summoned for a meeting regarding a mission we had to take on.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the notorious Team A." An all too familiar voice says with slight sarcasm. I let out a mental groan.

"Dexter." Arion growls. I watch as his fist clenches tightly. I reach to the side for it and gave it a tight squeeze before shaking my head.

Dexter was Team B's captain. A bitch. He had always been jealous of us, he always wanted to be the best, to be a part of Team A and he just hates me for some reason.

"Hi pipsqueak," he grins at me, a mischievous glint in his eyes. he takes his seat right in front of me while his team fills up the rest of the vacant chairs.

I ignored him. Pipsqueak was not my name and I am really not in the mood right now.

"I said hi." He tries again, his eyebrows now furrowed as he stares straight at me.

"C'mon Dexter, leave them alone." His team advices.

Yeah leave me alone.

"Shut up. I can't even say hi? What? He's in team A so he's bigger and better than I am? He's just a stupid fucking healer."

That seemed to have triggered something in my team because the both of them were at his neck the next second.

"Say that again, you fucking bitch." Arion threatens as he grips Dexter by the throat. Drax had his gun out, pointed at Dexter with a menacing glare.

Dexter wouldn't back down though, he was prideful like that.

As I was about to stop them, someone else does it for me.

"What is going on in here?" The authoritative voice booms.

Our heads snap to the door, where Orson and Knox stands.

"I asked. What is going on in here?" Orson repeats again.

"S-sir, Dexter was just saying hi to Caspian. The two got upset for no reason." Dexter minion number 1 mumbles from his seat. The rest of the team just nods.

What a bunch of liars.

"Put him down, Arion and keep your weapon. Is that true, Caspian?" The two walks in to take a seat as Knox asks me.

"Uh.." I start.

"He called Caspian a 'Stupid fucking healer'," Drax growls the last part out as he puts his gun away. Arion simply shoves the man away from him as he takes his seat, crossing his arms in anger.

Knox stalks towards the shorter man. He stands right in front of the now cowering Dexter. He stares down at the man who insulted me for a good three seconds.

"You got a problem with my healer?" His deep, raspy voice echos in the meeting room. Team B's members had all kept their heads down in fear.

I could literally hear Dexter's breath hitch in his throat as he shakes his head.

"That's what I thought." Knox walks away from the shaking man as he approaches me. He gives me a gentle peck on the forehead, a greeting that I had gotten used to, before he ruffles my hair. "Good morning," he whispers to me.

I smile, "Good morning, captain."