7

Caspian's POV

Once everyone was done with breakfast, we packed everything up as we prepared for the mission. I had to use my powers to get the trees to take our tents and backpack back to the aircraft, which was parked hours away from where we were. 

Once we made sure everyone was ready, we started walking towards our destination.  I hated the organisation's team suits. It was a black, tight bodysuit that was uncomfortable and unnecessary. There was no reason why we had to wear the suits except for the fact that the higher ups wanted us to look more "unified".

"Stop." Arion says as he lifts up his hands as an indication. He squints his eyes and sniffs the air. "They're close."

We all nod as we stood alert. I took this time to shift into fairy form; The others prepared their weapons as well.

As we stalked closer, the presence of the witches got stronger.

I knew we were close, but I didn't expect them to know that we were already here. They made it extremely clear that we were not welcomed when they shot the first warning arrow.

It was a poison laced arrow, that I knew.

"Split up, remember the mission brief. Team B, your goal is to take the humans out. Team A, we're taking down the witches and their leader."

We all nod at Knox's instructions before we all went our separate ways. Drax and Arion stayed close to me while Orson and Knox hurried to find the leader. With the witches camp being in the middle of the forest, I had more than enough things to manipulate with.

My body went on autopilot, going on missions have been something I've gotten used to. I'll save you the boring, repetitive fighting.

Except my ears started ringing when we got closer to the camp.

My ears only ring in the presence of another fairy.

"Cover me." I told Drax as I flew into the camp. I flung the doors open and followed my instinct down to the basement.

My eyes locked with big fearful green eyes, a fairy trademark. A fairy was locked behind this cage. I tried to pry on the doors but they wouldn't budge.

"Stand back." Drax says as he shoots the lock with his gun. The lock breaks loose as I pulled the door open.

A fairy. I met another fairy.

I sat by the weakened fairy as I tried to heal her as much as I could.

The fight outside lasted for a while, Drax never left my side as he covered the entrance of the underground dungeon.

"W-who are you?" The fairy whispers. "You're a fairy too.."

I nod, "I'm Caspian," I introduce. "What's your name?"

"Lily." She whispers as she looks down at her hands. "I've never seen another fairy before."

"Yes, we're quite rare. How did you end up here?" I asked.

She shakes her head as tears started to fill her eyes. "I don't know.. I can't remember anything."

I stare at her with empathy, "It's okay, we're here to get you out." 

Once she felt much better, we both stood up and made our way towards Drax. "What's the situation like outside?"

"It's slowing down, looks like Team B got most of the humans out. Orson and Knox are still looking for their leader." Drax explains as the three of us cautiously made our way out of the basement.

I nod, "go help them, Drax. I'll be fine."

"I'm not leaving your side." Drax looks at me incredulously.

"I'm not that weak, I'm pretty strong too, you know."

Drax shoots a witch right in the head before e turns back to me. "Then we can work together, i'm staying."

I sigh as I nod, "okay."

"The aircraft is making its way to you, bring the humans up there. We're still looking for their leader but our priority is to get the humans out alive." That was Knox with his telepathic powers.

Once we were on ground, I waved my hands as roots of trees emerged from underground and stabbed the witches. 

The three of us slowly retreated back to where Team B and the humans were. The aircraft arrived rather quickly and we guided everyone up onto it. They were to be brought back home safe and sound. Lily stayed by us as we waited for our captain and vice captain.

"Haven't got the leader?" Dexter asks.

I shake my head, growing worried.

"Maybe we should go check up on them?" I asked.

We had pretty much wiped out the witches here, how could they still not have found the leader?

As we waited and waited, I grew increasingly anxious.

"Okay, I'm going in!" I announce. Just as I was about to step back into the battlefield, Knox and Orson appears. They run up to us as I ran up to them, engulfing them in a big hug.

"What took you guys so long?" I whined, "I thought something happened."

Knox smiles down at me before his face returns to being stoic as he addressed the teams. "Unfortunately, the leader is no where to be found. It doesn't matter, she lost her tribe and we managed to get the humans out. We're heading back and will keep a lookout for their leader."

The two team nods as we awaited the next aircraft to pick us up. Knox points to Lily and asks, "who are you?"

I watch as Lily shivers in fear at our intimidating leader. "I-I.." She stumbles over her words.

"Her name's Lily! She's a fairy too!"

"Okay? She can leave now. Why is she following you?"

"Oh cmon, can she follow us pleaseeeeee," I beg with those eyes. The eyes I know Know could never say no to.

Knox sighs. "Fine. We'll take her back and see what we can do with her."

I nod as we all waited for our aircraft. I took the time to heal the team up. "Thought you'd leave me to bleed on the battlefield." Arion grins at me as I heal up his cut wounds.

I shoot him a glare, "As if."

"I knew you loved me." Arion teased.

Irked, I punched him directly in his wound and raised my brows when he howls in pain.

"Fuck! Caspian!"

I grin victoriously as I continued to heal the shifter.