ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

As I stare out the same window, from every move, staring at the new town I have arrived in, staring at every house that is different shapes, sizes and colour before looking at my phone again. Sitting beside my 2 brothers, Lucas and Danial, was hard to deal with on this trip. But I've gotten used to the games they play.. I always stay out of it ignoring them or just listening to my music texting my friends I have made and left behind. Apparently there was a new girl, and they were already friends with them, doing everything we used to do. I always never cared, because I could never see them anyway but it also always hurt. And right now, I wasn't bothered to talk to them anymore after that message. As the car had pulled into a driveway, making me look up from my phone again as I looked at the 2 story house. My brothers run out as they go straight inside leaving me and my mother in the car as we step out onto the lawn. I could already tell this place was gonna fall apart if something small happened, and by small I mean either my brothers destroy the place or I do if I lose control again. And honestly, I don't want either to happen no matter how bad I hate this place already. I could feel this energy drawing me to it sure, but it wasn't a good energy that's for sure. But as my mother went inside she'd look back gesturing for me to follow before going in and out of my sight before I sigh going to the doorway standing in it. As I'd stepped in, a rush of energy flew through me as I got a slight headache as I leaned on the door. "Yep.. lots of energy." I'd look around as I went inside looking at the moving pictures, a moving chair that acted like a dog, and a piano that played itself when people enter or go past as if it were trying to communicate with them. I sigh as I go past the chair going upstairs before I go down the hallway of the second floor looking down the corridor of doors with different colours and textures.

I walk down the hallway of doors looking at each of them. "Hey mom? What room am I in again?" I call out to her getting no response as I hear her muffled voice talking on the phone before I reach the end of the hallway staring at a door. "Never mind!" I call out again as I open the door looking at the room inside behind the door. A wooden bookshelf with a few random items, books and candles, a ladder standing in the middle of the room leading up to a little door in the roof of the room, and a princess-like bed behind the ladder against the wall as well as a circle window right beside it. "Not that bad honestly.. Could be worse." I go into the room as I toss my bag near the bed, opening the dusty curtains as light floods the room and spreading dust as it flies off the curtains as I let out a cough after inhaling. "Honestly Uncle have you ever even stepped into this room..?" I move away from the window as I draw a circle in the air cleaning the place up as posters fly to the wall hanging themselves up and the bed being made as all the decorations for the room are put up. "That's better. But I guess there is no point if we move again." I mutter under my breath as I lean on my desk looking out the window again and into the garden. "And we need to do the garden at least.. Place is a wasteland." I walk out onto the balcony as I look over then climb down from my balcony on a drain pipe and land in the garden as I walk around the garden then the wall looking at all the dead plants hearing the peaceful sounds of the insects before hearing a yell and a football fly over the wall heading towards me as I duck under it watching it land in a bush. 

"What the?'' I stand up again before looking at the wall as I see a kid around my age climbing it before they stop at the top. "Holy- you must be Danial and Lucas Kayto's sister. I actually thought they were joking if I were to see you. Guess I was right that I would, you owe me $15 Keith!" The boy shouts down at someone on the other side of the wall before sitting on top of the wall. "You are Arla Kayto, right? Danial and Lucas Kayto's sister?" The boy smiles as he looks down watching me. Who even is this kid? How does he know my brothers? "Yea so what." I reply sharply as I go over to the bush with his football grabbing it from it. "Names Chase Jenkinson, but you can call me CJ or Captain Hottie. Everyone does." He smiles proudly as if he's pleased with himself. I hear a scoff from the other side of the wall as another person climbs up. "Nobody calls you that." Chase's smile falls slightly as he shoots a glare at the other boy. "Oh shut up mullet. Anyways, Arla this is Keith Kogane, also known as mullet also as-king troublemaker." Keith rolled his eyes at that, shoving his shoulder as he sat next to him. "Yea yea so what..I get in trouble a lot, big deal. Blame Lance for that. He's the one always causing trouble and dragging me into the 'rivalry' I have with him." He obviously had a problem with this Lance. He seemed like the kind of person who'd avoid friend events or public events, a quiet kid and a short-tempered idiot because of it.