The World of Monsters: Van Hel London

"So a briefing of the situation.."  Gojo smiled as he held up a file and slapped it down on the long  breakfast table in one of the many dining carts of Tru'nembra's train. "Our mission is twofold. Firstly,  survey of the city of Van Hel London, the capital of the United Kingdom in that world, the most powerful country of that particular world as well."

"Huh.. no competition?" Ben muttered, twirling his fork over his eggs, while Denji right next to him hungrily slapped everything he could on his toast, from jam to barbecue sauce. 

"No.. " said Gojo. "In this version of the world, The American Colonies were crushed during the revolution, so the prospect of 'democracy' never really took off.  As a result, the Monarchy never lost power, and that's mainly because instead of King George, Queen Ophelia was at the head, and she won through simple negotiations.  Things only turned violent when the more terroristic anti-vampire colonists staged a coup. Of course Ophelia personally crushed them."

"And by.. crushing them you mean..."  Rex muttered.

"She sent them to their final destination." said Gojo with a smile. 

"Jeez.. your girlfriend's intense." Rex said, looking at Ben. 

"Ophelia doesn't do things without reason. It was only when she was under Vlad that she was forced to murder without question." said Ben.

"That much is true." said Gojo. "Being a ruler, especially a ruler who is always at the front in battle, is a tough thing. Take it from me. In my World,  I was the One Human holding Curses  and Curse Users at bay. I can very much sympathize with Ophelia's position, and its very much one of the reasons why converting her country into a Democracy has come with some intense hinderences. But.. of course.. unlike my situation.. it's more optics."

"Optics?" said Erice as she glared at Power who had been in the process of ripping her food apart with her bare hands, and now, under her mentor's glare, started grabbing her knife and fork.   "What optics?"

"Ophelia's military force and relations built up with other countries has lent Britain the ability to repel even Alien Invaders using a combination of powerful magicks and fervent training from her head of security and top General, Ariadne." said Gojo.  "Her military is so powerful, that if they were one day spontaneously trained in the usage of Omni, they could potentially cause significant damage to the Academy if they attempted an invasion... of course our Head of Security would still wipe them all out regardless. And Nia is still echelons above any mortal military.  But it would be really draining for me and Kratos for instance, to take them on. In other words.."

"Don't misbehave while we're there." Kratos growled quietly from the other end of the table. "Or we will have plenty of trouble."

"But considering who we have teaching at the school.. that's quite a feat for any military." said Todo. "Hmm.. this Ariadne. I wonder what her type is."

"You don't even know if she swings that way and you're wondering that." Muttered Erice. 

"IS SHE A LEBANON!?" Power roared. 

"I dunno, maybe he also means type of guy.." Denji said.

"Actually a fair point Denji!" said Erice.  

"Nah I mean woman." said Todo.

"Oh.."

"In any case.." said Gojo. "Our other surveyors have gathered that Ophelia Anderson herself, fortunately, is very approachable. She keeps very open Throne Audience hours for her civilians, which of course means a long line, but at least we are gauranteed to see her and talk to her, even if we have to wait like we're going to ride Space Mountain in Disney World."