Chapter 1

When Morgan moved back to town, her degree wasn't the only thing on her mind. She knew she needed to make money. Vincent introduced her to Sabine Laurent. The two became fast friends and when a French Quarter voodoo shop owner passed away, they jumped on the opportunity to take over her shop. The owner wasn't a real witch anyway. That was why within the first six months they grew from one of the worst shops to the best selling one in the Quarter. So successful, she commanded the attention of the King.

Marcel saw her the first time and wouldn't leave her alone. He would pop up on her at school or at work. She couldn't walk down the street without him appearing. "What do you want?"

"Isn't it obvious by now?" She stopped walking to look at him.

"Well if you never get past stalking, no."

"Then let me take you out tonight."

"Where?"

"It is a surprise."

"You don't know yet."

"Yes, I do. Knew it when I first saw you. Pick you up at your place."

"And I will try not to be creeped out that you know where I live."

"You won't be living there for long."

"You're cocky."

He was right. She moved into his palace. The Abattoir had multiple levels, wine cellars, and guards 24/7. Castle or palace would be the best way to describe it. She even had her own witchcraft workshop attached to the courtyard area with a tiny garden. Vincent wasn't the happiest with their relationship. But he knew how important Marcel was to Morgan. It wasn't just about him being in the show. It was finding out about the things the show never spoke of. Like his Haitian witch mother.

Marcel had a high level of admiration and respect for witches, not that they usually knew it. He loved Morgan for her independence from not just other witches but the ancestors. His Queen answered to Nature and no one else. And she knew Nature better than any witch he'd ever met. He never felt for anyone like he felt for Morgan. And she knew that. She could tell. But she loved him too. More than she'd ever loved anyone. They were each other's air.

Morgan and Marcel had been together for four years when Marcel was awoken by her phone ringing. He saw it was Sheila Bennett and answered it immediately. Sheila knew of their relationship and had even visited them. He looked around then tried to hear where Morgan was. There was a privacy spell so she was in her workshop. "Hey Miss Sheila," he said in greeting.

"Oh well it is very nice to hear your extremely attractive voice," she said and he chuckled, "But where is my granddaughter?"

"I'll get her," he said as he walked down the stairs and to her workshop, "Everything okay?"

"No. Stay with her. She might need you."

"Umm, okay," he said and knocked on the double doors before entering the room. She wasn't chanting but whispering under her breath. So most likely designing a spell. She looked up when he entered.

"What's up?"

"We will discuss whatever spell you're doing later. Miss Sheila," he said then handed her the phone.

"At this time? Grams?" she asked into the phone.

"Baby you need to come home."

"What? Why?" It had been almost ten years.

"There was an accident. Grayson and Miranda are dead." She sat down and Marcel began to rub her back.

"What?" Tears fell and she had so many thoughts at the same time. She knew about the accident and was so conflicted to stopping it. Then she just forgot. "What about Jeremy and Elena?"