Prologue

Morgan Gilbert was born to teen parents completely unprepared for her. Her father's family chose to ignore the scandal, leaving Abigail to suffer alone. Abigail never held her little baby girl. She received comfort from her Grams, Sheila. Then one day Abigail left for college. Morgan rarely saw her again. But, her father eventually came back around. He had just gotten married and his new wife wanted him to build a relationship with his daughter. Grams was against it. But the courts made the decision for her.

Grayson Gilbert was not a good father to Morgan. His daughter was naturally good at magic and it infuriated him. He punished her severely every time. Morgan didn't understand. But luckily, it wasn't all bad. Miranda was her saving grace.

Miranda was the mother she'd never had. She learned how to do Morgan's curly hair and enjoyed spending time with the young girl. Then finally, when she learned of Grayson abusing his daughter, she helped Morgan run away.

Morgan left town when she was fifteen. But it had been a long time coming. Since she was thirteen she'd been getting visions. Of a life in another world. And of a television show called Vampire Diaries. She even remembered the spin off show, the Originals. Now she was armed with the knowledge of what could happen. She jumped into studying magic, every time her father beat her, it fueled her. She wasn't the only child ever beat. Not even the only character. And sadly, she thought, at least in this life she had a father.

She found her way to New Orleans. Where else would she go? She knew she didn't know all the current players, but she currently had other goals. Like graduating high school. With a little magic and calls from Miranda, she enrolled in school. She worked in a voodoo shop after school and restaurants on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

One day she met teenage Vincent Griffith and his mother Toni. Miss Toni let her move in with them and out of the motel she'd been staying at. She also helped her finish school and eventually she got into Whitmore.

Grams was extremely excited to see Morgan again. But she kept it a secret from everyone in Mystic Falls. She never knew why Morgan left, but she knew Grayson wasn't the easiest person. Morgan stayed for four years and received a BS in Anthropology. She then went on to work on her Master's at Xavier in Anthropology with a specialty in Witchcraft.

Morgan came home to New Orleans because that is what it was. Her first day back at work she ran into Marcel Gerard, King of the city. "You're new to town," he said as he was clearly checking her out. She had nice curves and an insane AHS Coven sense of style.

"Not really," she said with a smirk. He was hotter in person.

"I make it mandatory to know witches in my city."

"I used to live with Toni Griffith when I was young. I left to go to school."

"Ah, okay. She's good people," he said with a charming smile and nod. 

"The best."

"So which coven?"

"I'm more of a solitary practitioner." He flashed her a smirk that caused her panties to flood immediately. 

"I like that."