Chapter 7

Two months later, the Abattoir was extremely busy. Their wedding was coming up in four days. Morgan's family were to arrive that day from Mystic Falls. Morgan paced in their room as she waited for them to be picked up from the airport. "What's wrong?" Marcel asked as he came in.

"What do you mean?" she asked him.

"Who are you worried about? Bonnie or Elena?"

"I mean, you think I would worry about Elena. And I love her. She's my little sister, of course I love her. But doppelgangers always somehow come out on top. Bennett witches have to work for theirs. And I just worry that Bonnie doesn't understand that," Morgan said honestly. Marcel walked towards her and pulled her close.

"Just talk to her. You have this tendency to shy away from your younger siblings. Why is that?" he asked her.

"I guess I never wanted to get too attached. To anyone. Even Grams. Just in case I lost them. Or honestly, just in case they disappointed me."

"How?"

"Because I've seen one be extremely selfish and allow the other to do all the sacrificing. But I find that both disappoint me in that way. Being selfish is awful but not willing to stand up for yourself and the right to your own life is abhorrent," she said.

"Why won't you tell me which is which?"

"Because you're passive aggressive," she said honestly with a small smile. Marcel looked surprised.

"What? I am not."

"Oh you so are. The last thing I need is you being aggy to one of my little sisters." She kissed him twice.

"I hope you know I do actually know what sister it is and I will not be 'aggy' to her," he said, pulling away from her lips. Morgan rolled her eyes and there was a knock on their door.

"What?" Marcel asked.

"They're pulling up now," a voice informed them. Morgan sighed but then took a deep calming breath.

"Calm down." She nodded and opened her eyes smiling.

"I'm calm. It's our wedding. Everything will be okay. Now let's go," she said. Her heels clicked on the ground as they crossed the catwalk then went down the stairs. Her family was being led in as they got to the bottom of the staircase. Grams came in followed by Bonnie, Jeremy, Caroline, Elena, and Stefan. Elena had asked for a plus one and she didn't mind it so much.

"Nice place," Bonnie said, looking around. Morgan reminded herself to take Bonnie to the hair salon while she was there.

"Thank you. We like it. Welcome, littles," she said happily and Bonnie, Elena, and Jeremy rushed over to hug her. She hugged them quickly. "Thanks for coming."

"Like we could miss your wedding," Bonnie said, still looking around.

"Well you're all staying here. We have several guests rooms. Someone will take you to them," she said, gesturing behind her, "This is Kayden and Rosa, they'll take you to your rooms. Grams do you remember-"

"Where my room is? Yes, I do. No escort necessary," Bonnie nodded and they all dispersed.

Morgan found her way to Bonnie's room. Bonnie was still quite amazed by her surroundings. "Settling in?" she asked and Bonnie jumped a little. She smiled when she saw Morgan.

"As much as I can for five days." Morgan moved to sit on one of the chairs in the room.

"You know if you ever want to move, I'd be happy to have you around. And there are so many witches that could teach you in the quarter."