That's The Way We Get By (SMUT)

I let out a grunt as Ian slammed me against the bathroom wall and pounced to close his mouth over mine. Holding my face in his hands, he shoved his tongue into my mouth and pressed his body to mine. Breath heavy, I couldn't stop smiling as I unbuckled his belt and let my hand dive into his pants. Already engorged, his cock was longing for my mouth.

Pulling away for a moment, Ian smiled at me and sighed happily, "I fucking love you.”

Letting myself play with his short hair, I looked my husband over with a calm sense of satisfaction. "Well, I love you.” My lips turned up in a side smirk. “Gotcha, didn’t I? You really thought I forgot.”

With a shrug, he chortled. "You were pretty convincing. Maybe you should be an actor.”

My cheeks ached from smiling so much. “Yeah. I could be an action star. Fight aliens and play badass shit like vampires or something.”

This made Ian laugh. "Nah. I see you getting type-casted as a bully, maybe an angry closeted homophobe. You have a vibe.”

"Fuck you,” I giggled before he pulled me back in, unbuttoning and unzipping my jeans. Bubbling with giddy excitement, I turned away from Ian, prompting him to kiss and nibble my neck. I reached behind me and stroked his dick, eagerly awaiting more of his touch.

After slicking himself with spit, Ian pressed the front of my body against the wall, positioned correctly, and slid his huge cock into me.

A deep exhale escaped my lungs. I wanted to moan, the pleasure already overtaking my every sense. Before I knew it, he was pounding himself into my ass so hard I thought my load would shoot clean through a wall.

When I did come, I couldn’t contain my mews of ecstasy, forgetting the others in the bar on the other side of the door.

Wrapping his arms around me from behind, Ian pecked the side of my neck, a smile stenciled onto his pretty face. "Happy anniversary, shithead.”

Once I pulled my pants up to my waist, I turned and gazed at my amazing husband and smiled back. Disbelief nearly made my eyes tear up when I thought back to how this had all started, and that neither of us would have guessed where our story would lead us. This man had changed my life in so many ways. Some of it was painful, but I was a better man for it. I wished I could go back and tell that scared tough guy I used to be to nut the fuck up. Ian has always been worth it.

Overwhelmed by happiness, I gently held the nape of his neck, kissed him fleetingly, then said, "happy anniversary, baby.”

Around an hour or so later, we all migrated to the street outside to watch a gentrifier lose his shit while his Tesla burned out in front of the bar.

Serves you right, I thought, be aware of your surroundings. Just because you bought a chic, renovated home here doesn't mean this is your neighborhood. Not while sons of bitches like us were still around, which we always would be. Life had been tough growing up in South Side, but those tribulations had molded us into the adults we were today, leaving most of us proud of where we came from because we survived and were stronger for it. That was why I needed to laugh at the man on the phone with the police or his insurance agent, ready to weep over the large flames licking at the inside of his car. He wouldn’t have survived twenty minutes in this place only a decade earlier. And let’s be honest, my brothers and I would’ve gladly been the ones to rob him.

As our party watched and laughed, Debbie quipped, “hey, how you like that $80,000 Roman candle now, bitch?”

Ian slipped his arm around my shoulder as we observed the show. Maybe it was the ghetto fire-side vibe or the alcohol in our systems, but it felt right when Ian grinned and began to sing. "We get high in backseat of cars…”

Recognizing the song, Tami chuckled and sang the next line. “We break into mobile homes…”

Then everyone joined in, singing the rest of the song "The Way We Get By” by Spoon, a song each of us had found a connection with in some way or another. We took what we got. We did what we needed to. That’s the way we got by.

Now, dear reader, you must be wondering if we have reached the end of the story. Sorry to disappoint, but our ending won’t be this sweet. As happy as we were in this moment, we never would have guessed what life would throw into our lap next. As the night carried on, Lip’s phone rang incessantly until he finally answered what he said was an unknown number. I had no idea who he was speaking with, but when he hung up, the air around him was suffocating with gloom.

Ian hadn’t noticed, but I took note. Something was up with Lip.