𝟏𝟒✧𝐄𝐳𝐫𝐚

𐬾☯︎︎𐬾⚠︎︎𐬾

𐬾☯︎︎𐬾⚠︎︎𐬾

After Amora shot me, I went into a coma, luckily I woke up four days before my sister's masquerade ball, unfortunately I still have a few weeks before I'm fully recovered.

Throughout these last four days, I managed to get a suit and a mask for the ball, catch up on business, and collect some intel on the new Pakhan. I have a guess about who it might be, but I'm going to wait until the ball to have my suspicion confirmed.

"Ez, Rowan's private jet, has finally landed on the strip. He and his fiancée will be here in an hour and a half from now. Is there anything that we should do?" Damian's voice broke through all the voices in my head.

"Did Lucy set up the guest wing of the estate?"

"Yeah, she finished that last night."

"Well then, all that needs to be handled is a group of house staff being assigned to them. I'm sure Lucy can handle that on her own."

He nodded. "How's your shoulder feeling?"

"Oh, just fine and dandy. I actually did a cartwheel a few minutes ago, wanna see?" I deadpanned. Damian has been shot before, not in the same place, but he knows how shitty it feels after you've gotten shot, so that question was ridiculous.

Damian, being the damn bastard that he is, doesn't even hesitate to slap me right on my gunshot wound. I'm going to get him back for that, eventually.

𐬾☯︎︎𐬾⚠︎︎𐬾

Looking around the room I'm starting to regret accepting the invite to this event, there's so much fucking people and none of them are the person I want to see. A strange feeling took over me at the thought of her. I can't wait to see her again sometime soon.

"Dude, how many drinks have you had?" Rowan's voice booms from my left.

"Three or four, I'm not sure."

"Six actually." Rowan's fiancee, Rayne, chimes in from next to him.

I look over at her. The French Mafia princess is a beautiful woman. There's no denying that. From her raven hair to her gray colored eyes and tan skin, she could easily have any man on his knees, but she doesn't hold a candle to my Dolcezza.

Rowan snatches the glass of whiskey from my hand and sets it on a random server's tray as he walked past us. "Ez, we have to be alert. Remember, we're here to figure out who is leading the Bratva now. You also can't drink alcohol while on pain meds."

"I have a guess as to whom it may be." Rowan and Rayne's brows shoot up. That's when I remembered that I hadn't told either of them about my theory, but I have a good reason for it.

"Are you going to share your guess with us?" Rayne asks looking up at me with a curious gleam in her eye.

I shake my head. "I can't yet. The walls might be listening." I say while shooting a discreet glance at a small group of women that were huddled up in a little circle looking over at us every few seconds.