𝟏𝟔✧𝐄𝐳𝐫𝐚

𐬾☯︎︎𐬾⚠︎︎𐬾

𐬾☯︎︎𐬾⚠︎︎𐬾

After the best part of my night was cut short by none other than Damian Jin De Armani, which I will get him back for, I dragged Amora to the ballroom and made her dance with me. Honestly, I don't know what possessed me to do that because I hate dancing, but I don't want to let her go, so I never will. She finally let me break down some of her walls. Until she's mine, I refuse to give up.

For the first time since I dragged her to the dance floor with me, a song in Spanish started playing, one that I know well because it's one of my Dolcezza's favorites. Her eyes brightened in a way I've never seen before and all the energy she had seemed to have lost throughout the night suddenly returned to her.

"What's on your mind, Dolcezza?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer to that.

"My parents," she paused and took a deep breath. "This was the song they told was playing the first time they kissed while dancing in the rain when they were teenagers. It's also the first song they danced to at their wedding reception. It was their song."

I pulled her body closer to mine and spun us around. "Sabes que hiciera todo lo que pudiera para traerlos de vuelta, verdad?" She doesn't answer and just keeps on dancing, but I take notice of the way her hold on me tightens.

(You know I would do everything I could to bring them back, right?)

The melancholy doesn't stay with us for long, it's pushed out of the way by a thick tension. I became hyper aware of Amora's body, and mine started feeling like it's being set on fire. The final nail in the coffin, the one that made me give in to my desires for the second time tonight, is the way Amora's captivating eyes look up at me through her lashes. Her thoughts must've gone to the same place as mine because at the same time I started leaning down, she started getting on her tiptoes. She pauses and I hesitate for just a fraction of a second. The song started reaching its peak again, breaking my hesitation. I crushed my lips to hers.

I tightened my hold on her waist, and she gripped my hair tightly. It was a hungry kiss, and I couldn't get enough of her. Her tongue fought mine for dominance. She lost the fight. This is probably the best first kiss in the history of first kisses. I never understood why everyone always raved about kissing. I went through twenty-six years of life not knowing what it felt like to kiss someone. Now I understand what the appeal of it is, I don't know if it's because my first kiss is with the woman I've been infatuated with for fourteen years or if it's the buildup of all the anticipation, but this is the best feeling in the world.

I bet all the women I'd slept with years ago are crying their eyes out because none of them ever had the honor of getting a kiss from me.

"Sorry to interrupt." My sister's soft and angelic voice shattered the moment. Amora broke the kiss and loosened her hold on my hair. "Damian wants to meet up with you in the study."

I sighed. "I'll be there in a minute."

Milana just nodded and gave Amora a soft smile before walking away. I look down at Amora and chuckled at her embarrassed expression. No matter the look on face, she still looks so breathtaking. I don't want to leave her and we both know it.

"Go," she says. "I want to head home, anyway."

I place a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Have a good night, Dolcezza. One of my men will make sure you get home safely. Take Sabrina with you. Damian might be home late."

She nodded and walked away to find Sabrina. I wish we never had to leave each other's side.

𐬾☯︎︎𐬾⚠︎︎𐬾

It's been two weeks since I've tasted her and I can't stop thinking about it. I haven't been able to focus because all I can think about is her.

"Ezra.. Ezra?" Rowan's voice coming from my phone caught my attention.

"Sorry, I'm here. What were you saying?"

He chuckled, "You've been so out of it since the masquerade ball. What exactly happened when you disappeared with your pretty lady? Damian says he caught you guys in the library and you both looked a bit.. dishevelled."

Fuck. I'm going to kill Damian. I don't bother answering his question. "What were you saying about the shipments, Rowan?"

"They made it safely onto The Triads' territory. Now answer my question."

"Fine. I walked into the library knowing that I would find her in there, and to put it in nice terms, I worshipped her like I was taught to at church."

"Oh yeah? How was it?" I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

I couldn't keep the smile off my face. "True to the name I'd given her, Amora tasted so fucking sweet I couldn't get enough."

He chuckled again, "I'm happy for you Ez. I wish I could say the same about Rayne. She's been giving me the silent treatment since the ball." He sounds genuinely saddened because the fiancée he never wanted wants nothing to do with him. "Just make sure you don't get distracted, alright?"

That's easier said than done.