CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: TALES OF THE HEART

ive been really dead so hihi

how is life?!

i hope you didnt forget about me :))

this is a short oneshot to make up for my absence, the requested oneshot is still in the process of being written lmao

summer break just started, so i can write more for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but for now,

enjoy!!!!

fantasy/angst<3

-

a story that takes place in a bustling city marketplace where a young boy accidentally steals a magical artifact from a mysterious vendor. The artifact causes him to teleport to a strange and dangerous world, where he must use his wits and courage to find a way back home.

The young boy, taehyun, accidentally steals a small, glowing amulet from a mysterious vendor while exploring the bustling city marketplace. As he grabs the amulet, it suddenly starts to glow brighter and brighter, until he is enveloped in a vortex of light (aka him going unconscious). When the light clears, taehyun finds himself in a strange and unfamiliar world, filled with towering trees and creatures he has never seen before. Shocked and confused, taehyun realizes that he will have to use all of his bravery to find his way back home.

but he runs across an obstacle on his way.

chapter #21: tales of the heart

taehyun hums, browsing the marketplace for something new and interesting. excitingly, he skipped around, gazing at different vendors selling different items.

when he stumbles across a vendor who sold a beautiful, glowing amulet, he couldn't help himself. and without thinking, he grabbed it and ran into an abandoned alleyway as the vendor ran after him, yelling curses.

he ran and dove into the alley. he panted as he leaned against the dirty brick wall. the vendor, who was previously trying to chase after him and get his amulet back, had ran right past his hiding spot. he exhaled and lifted his hands, a glowing pendant settled in his palm.

he stared at it in awe, admiring the unnatural blue glow that the amulet produced. it shined brightly, reflecting off the alley's sooty and stained walls. taehyun widened his eyes once he felt his palm slowly warm up.

shocked, he dropped the amulet onto the ground. it rolled in a spiral on the ground, dropping flat like a coin.

he, with his mouth agape, slowly bent down to get a closer look at the seemingly magical pendant.

and almost instantly, he blacked out.

-

taehyun sat up, his head felt like it was spinning over and over again. he fluttered open his eyes, blinking to adjust to the dark atmosphere. he looked forward and furrowed his eyebrows.

he didn't see an alleyway, or a busy marketplace.

in fact, the only thing he could see were tree trunks. many, many tree trunks.

his gaze followed the trees up, until the only thing he saw was leaves. the leaves covered the sky, revealing nothing but darkness. and just around the corner, behind one of the really tall trees, was a blue glow. exactly like how the amulet glowed when he snatched it from the mysterious vendor.

"the fucking amulet!" taehyun grumbled. "forget about it," he muttered and glared at the unusually fluffy squirrel climbing up one of the tall trees. oh, how he wished he could climb up trees so freely. his gaze went back to the blue glow in the forest. taehyun tilted his head with curiosity, standing up and patting down himself of the grime that had collected on his clothing. he advanced to the glow slowly.