Chapter 15: A Garden Date

The sun shone brightly over the palace, casting a warm glow across the sprawling gardens. Birds chirped merrily, and a gentle breeze rustled the leaves of the ancient trees. It was a perfect day, and Thomas had a plan.

After weeks of training and growing closer to the royal family, Thomas felt it was time to take a more personal step. He wanted to spend some quality time with Seraphina, to show her how much she meant to him. With this in mind, he approached Alexander with a mix of hope and apprehension.

"Your Highness, may I have a word?" Thomas asked, finding Alexander in the training courtyard.

Alexander looked up from his sparring practice, wiping sweat from his brow. "Of course, Thomas. What is it?"

Thomas took a deep breath. "I'd like to ask Seraphina out on a date. I was thinking of a picnic in the garden. Would that be alright with you?"

Alexander's eyes narrowed slightly, his protective instincts kicking in. "A date, you say?"

Thomas nodded, trying to hide his nervousness. "Yes, Your Highness. I care about Seraphina a great deal, and I'd like to spend some time with her in a more... relaxed setting."

Alexander studied Thomas for a moment, then sighed. "Alright. But I'll help you prepare. I want to make sure everything is perfect for my sister."

Relief washed over Thomas, and he smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Alexander. I appreciate it."

The preparations for the picnic were more elaborate than Thomas had anticipated. Alexander took charge, ensuring that every detail was perfect. They selected a quiet, secluded spot in the garden, under a large, blossoming cherry tree. Alexander arranged for a blanket, cushions, and a basket filled with Seraphina's favorite foods.

As they worked, Alexander couldn't help but offer advice, his tone both stern and humorous. "Remember, Thomas, Seraphina deserves the best. Make sure she's comfortable and happy. And no funny business, alright?"

Thomas chuckled, appreciating Alexander's protective nature. "I promise, Your Highness. I just want to make her smile."

When everything was ready, Alexander called for Seraphina. She arrived, curious and delighted by the sight that greeted her. The picnic setup was beautiful, and the thoughtfulness behind it touched her deeply.

"Thomas, Alexander, this is wonderful!" Seraphina exclaimed, her eyes shining with happiness.

Thomas stepped forward, offering his hand to her. "Seraphina, would you like to join me for a picnic?"

Seraphina smiled warmly, taking his hand. "I'd love to."

As they settled on the blanket, Alexander hovered nearby, watching with a mix of amusement and protectiveness. He finally decided to give them some space, though he stayed close enough to intervene if necessary.

The picnic was a delightful experience. Thomas and Seraphina enjoyed the delicious food and shared stories, laughter echoing through the garden. They talked about their childhood memories, their dreams, and the challenges they had faced.

"Do you remember when we used to play hide and seek in the village?" Thomas asked, a nostalgic smile on his face.

Seraphina laughed, nodding. "How could I forget? You always found the best hiding spots. I never managed to catch you!"

Thomas grinned. "I think you let me win sometimes."

They continued reminiscing, the conversation flowing easily. Thomas was attentive, ensuring Seraphina was comfortable and happy. He poured her favorite tea, offered her the best bites, and listened intently to her stories.

As the afternoon wore on, Seraphina leaned back against the tree, a contented smile on her face. "This has been wonderful, Thomas. Thank you."

Thomas looked at her, his heart swelling with affection. "Anything for you, Seraphina."

Just then, Alexander approached, clearing his throat. "I hope you two are enjoying yourselves."

Seraphina smiled at her brother. "We are, Alexander. Thank you for helping Thomas with this."

Alexander nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "I'm glad to hear that. But remember, Thomas, I'm watching you."

Thomas chuckled. "I wouldn't expect anything less, Your Highness."

As the sun began to set, casting a golden glow over the garden, the three of them sat together, enjoying the peaceful evening. The bond between them had grown stronger, and even Alexander found himself relaxing, appreciating the happiness and love that filled the air.

For Thomas, this day was a dream come true. He had spent a beautiful afternoon with Seraphina, with Alexander's cautious blessing. And as they watched the sunset together, he felt a deep sense of hope and excitement for the future.

Seraphina looked at Thomas, her eyes reflecting the warmth of the setting sun. "I'm so glad you're here, Thomas. Today has been perfect."

Thomas smiled, his heart full. "Me too, Seraphina. Me too."

~~~