chapter 3 A New home?

Pepper’s voice was tinged with anger. "A cheeseburger? Seriously, with all your injuries?"

"I've been captured for three months, Pepper. Now I want to do only two things: have a cheeseburger and hold a press conference," Tony replied.

"Press conference? What on earth for?" Pepper asked.

"Cheeseburger first," Tony insisted.

Pepper sighed, worried about Tony. She had no idea what Tony had planned, but she had a bad feeling about it.

Happy pointed towards Aurora, who sat quietly with a confused look. "What about the kid? Shouldn't we at least take her to the hospital?"

"N-no thank you, I am totally fine," Aurora said. She didn't want to make anyone worry about her, knowing what Tony was about to do.

Tony checked on Aurora. "You sure, kid? Happy can take you to the hospital."

"Yes, I'm totally fine. In fact, I want a cheeseburger too. I haven't had a proper meal in three months," Aurora replied.

Tony smirked. "Well, let's go then."

A while later, they arrived at the press conference. As Aurora stepped out of the car, she spotted a familiar face that made her blood boil. "That damn bald owl," she muttered.

"Do you know that guy?" Pepper asked, noticing her reaction.

"Mr. Stark told me about him. I just don’t like him," Aurora lied to avoid Pepper’s suspicion.

Pepper chuckled. "Well, we do have something in common then—neither of us likes that bald guy."

They entered the hall, with Aurora standing beside Pepper. Soon, her favorite character, Agent Coulson, approached them, and she couldn't help but smile.

Tony took the stage and began addressing the press, briefly explaining his captivity. Then, with a serious look, he declared, "I had my eyes opened. Effective immediately, I am shutting down the weapons manufacturing division of Stark International."

The room erupted in shock, with reporters firing questions. Obadiah pushed Tony aside, trying to change the subject, but the crowd was fixated on Tony's announcement.

Tony grabbed Aurora's arm and started walking towards the exit. "Tony, why did you do that?!" Pepper asked, following behind.

"I just felt like doing it," Tony said. "Kid, did I do the right thing?" he asked Aurora.

Aurora giggles. "You made the right choice, Mr. Stark."

Tony smirked. "Well, you are a pretty smart kid."

After driving back to Tony's house, Tony asked Pepper to take care of Aurora and left.

Aurora ran into the mansion excitedly, ready to explore her favorite character's house. "Wow, this is so awesome!" she exclaimed.

Pepper smiled. "You like this place?"

"Like it? I love this place!" Aurora replied.

Aurora explored every corner of the mansion while Pepper worked.

Aurora remembered events from the future storyline and worried that her presence might change things. She wondered whether to interfere or let events happen as they should. Her thoughts were interrupted when Pepper called her for lunch.

Later, Aurora fell asleep on the sofa while watching TV. When Tony returned, he ran straight to his basement, calling for Pepper to help with his arc reactor.

Aurora woke up and went downstairs, finding Pepper putting Tony's old arc reactor on the counter. "Did Mr. Stark make a new one?" she asked curiously.

"Yes, kid, a much better version," Tony said with a smirk.