10. An Early Start

I woke up to the blaring sound of an alarm. I sit up turning off the alarm clock... wait, alarm clock? I never bought one, let alone set an alarm! 

...

     I'll get up anyway. It's going to be hard to fall back asleep now that my mind is running with thoughts. I get up and brush my teeth, putting on clothes beforehand. Walking downstairs, I find my way to the kitchen.

     "Nice to see you up" Dust said casually as he looked at you. "Boss wanted me to wake you up, but I didnt really want to and put an alarm clock in your room instead." He shrugged his shoulders before continuing, "Boss wants me to test your strengths; go out killing. Cross was gonna do it, but boss doesn't trust him to be in another AU alone, and he certainly doesn't trust you." 

     Unamused, I ask "What time will we go?"

     "9:30am"

     "What? Why'd you set the alarm for 6:30!? I could've slept in!" I complain.

     Dust shrugs as he says nonchalantly, "I thought you'd be slow." 

     "Well im not." I give him a slight glare.

     "Ok, and?" He looks back at me, seemingly amused.

     I sigh. "Do you want the alarm clock back?"

     he has a smug grin on his face. "Nah, you'll need it for how slow you are."

     "I'm not slow!" 

     "Yeah yeah, sureeee~"

     I mumble quietly "Your probably slow in the head" as I walk out after grabbing a bag of chips.

     Dust hears it and calls out, saying "Not as slow as you!" Later saying that "Breakfast is at 8:00 and don't be late!"

     'Idiot' I think to myself as I walk away mindlessly opening a bag of chips. I didn't even pay attention to which flavor I got until now, smelling the bbq.

     "If Boss catches you spilling a crumb, you'll get in trouble~"

     I turn to see Killer playing with his dagger while leaning against the wall. He was a teasing grin on, like always. "Are you here to tease me as well?"

     "Ooohh, in what way~?"

     "Ew, not like that!"

     "Im just messing with you! Don't get your tongue twisted up about it, haha!"

     I sigh as I try to ignore him. Heading to my room.

     "Ignoring me now, are you? Is this like some kind of couples argument thing? .... Cuz I'll win."

     "Hey Killer?"

     "Yeah?"

     "I think Dust is in a playful mood. You should go tease him." I say as I start heading back up the stairs.

     "Okie dokie!" He stop twirling his dagger as he walks in the direction that I came from.

     I watch Killer disappear into the kitchen as I continue upstairs, smiling as I hear arguing less than a minute later coming from the same direction.

__________________________________________________________________

I hope this funny chapter somewhat made up for not posting in a long time! Thanks for reading, and im open to ideas!