Dagonfall IV - Ashkin Triumph

Province of Dagonfall - Middle second era

While Skiros and Agum battle themselves to death, Dagon's advances didn't stopped there, he contained the volcano after the first day, and for whoever warriors or soldiers left from the floods, the ashes or fire balls, were hunted down by his Dragons, he sent hundreds of Racers and their human hunters to spill their blood and eat their flesh.

The humans had no way of effectively combat the Racers without their leader, strong numbers or organization, being agile bipeds and having claws more sharp as their weapons, and being able to climb, it was terrifying to fight them in the wilderness, Racers continually ambushed the survivors by climbing the trees, and them jumping down on them.

But still, somehow, some Nokhian warbands managed to survive, five of Agum's greatest captains and generals were able to lead warbands into the coast where they couldn't be ambushed from the threes and only needed to defend from one direction.

Using the coast to their advantage, they throwed their spears or shoot their slings at the Racers when they got closer, some of the warriors were such skilled spear throwers that sometimes they were able to put down some racers with just one throw, especially when they hit their chest or neck.

And they eventually were able to set new camps in the coasts, but now they were besieged by the Dragons at least two times a day, one moment, the Racers put one of their biggest quadruped Dragon with a very large horns to run through their fortifications and tents, but one, single, precise spear throw by one of Captains put the beast down as he aimed directly for the head

After that the Dragons sent their humans slaves-hunters as vanguards, men that held the same beliefs as Skiros and were skilled hunters with mutated bodies after long exposure to Dagon's influence, but still, it was not enough, Nokhians not only had better equipment, but were more combat skilled, their hunting skills didn't quite worked very well when their pray shoved their shield directly to their faces.

But after the third day, the Nokhians equipment were wearing off or breaking, their numbers dwindling, they weren't able to build canoes to escape through the sea, and the only ways out of the Province were exactly where the Racers could easily ambush them, so, in their minds the only choice was to go down fighting.

But while they prepared for their final battle, one woman suddenly approached their camps, at first they thought it was some kind of scheme of the Dragons, but quickly the woman revealed to be a witch, Almasilvia, but very close friends with Agum, she managed to travel through the province undetected, after all there wasn't as many dragons as there was before and she had her ways.

She confirmed Agum's death by saying she managed to find the place where he died, but she also added that she still feel his powerful presence here, his spirit prevailed his death, and she explained a Ritual could be made where she could bring forth his spirit and maybe, find a way out of this situation

The warriors agreed to give it a try, and together, they improvised some drums and prepared a strong ritual of invocation of Agum's spirit.

With the Ritual, she was able to talk to him, not directly in dialogue, but she was able to understand that his spirit were in his ashes, which are now scattered across the province, but through the ritual she was able to invoke the 'remains' of his body and spirit using Agum's willpower.

Next day, the Nokhian warriors surprised the Dragons by just launching direct attacks , now his five best captains and generals were 'spirit enchanted' with Agum's ashes and demonic spirit, and from his ashes together with some obsidian rocks, they were able to summon pieces of weapons made with a similar aspect of his legendary shield, and now their skin is gray as the ashes burned their way into merging with their skin, his demonic energy were able to provide his five best warriors with a small portion of his own strength.

Now, with their revigorated morale, new demon armor and weapons and guided and assisted by Almasilvia sorcery and knowledge, Those who carry Agum's ashes in their skin were now called Ashkins, as they once again went rampant through the province killing all manners of Dragons and humans allied to them with their new devil weapons. 

And after two more days of incessant battles across all the province, eventually Dagon's forces lost too many of their strength and gave up in defending the region, it was the end of it, but just for now, Almasilvia sent word of their victory, and soon the first settlers came, and as she province naturally regenerated from the volcano eruption, more and more settlers started to come in and build their own families and legacies.

There were still Dragons there, but some of them were domesticated and tamed, and others didn't had the strength or numbers to take on the villages, so they were no different from animals in the wilds.

The five greatest warriors survived, soon to join another campaigns, 1/5 of their normal warriors also survived, and they became settlers or guards for this new colony, but one of the 5 Ashkins remained, to keep close eyes at the next Dagon's attempt to retake the Province, he knew it was coming eventually.

But as the time passes, the Ashkins triumphs become famous within the empire, the five of them decided to create a new tradition, they were going to train new warriors to become Ashkins, and when the Ashkin masters finally died, their bodies were burned, their ashes would then go through some rituals and incantations, and then it would be burned and merged with their apprentices skins and made them into new Ashkin warriors.