part one - the start

"Hey, I need to talk to you about something important," Garrett said, biting his lip as he stared at Dominic. Dominic looked up from his computer, his face lighting up with excitement as he saw his friend.

"What's up? What's going on?" Dominic asked, leaning forward in his seat.

Garrett took a deep breath, looking down at his shoes before meeting Dominic's eyes. "It's just...when I give you the special tool, to heal yourself, it takes something away from me," Garrett said, his voice low and almost a whisper.

Dominic's face fell immediately. "What? What do you mean?" he asked, his voice shaking with concern.

Garrett hesitated for a moment before he forced himself to continue. "Every time you use it, it takes a piece of my energy. And I don't care, because to be honest, I'd give just about anything for you, but...I don't want to keep it a secret from you," he said, his voice shaking slightly.

Dominic was quiet for a few moments, taking in Garrett's words and processing what he was hearing. "So, you would give up your energy for me? Just to see me get better?" he asked, his voice shaky and filled with emotion.

Garrett nodded, his eyes filling with tears as he thought of all the times he had used the tool on Dominic, watching as his friend healed before his eyes. "I would do anything for you, Dominic. I love you, and the only thing that matters to me is seeing you happy and safe," he said, his voice shaking.

Dominic leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Garrett, pulling him in for a tight hug. "Garrett, you are the best friend I could ever ask for. I don't know what I would do without you," he said, his voice filled with gratitude and love.

Garrett squeezed Dominic tightly, feeling the love and affection coursing through his veins. "I love you, Dominic. Nothing else matters," he said, his voice firm and confident.