ChapterSix | Liquid Luck

Getting out of Griddys, Five led Angelica to an apartment building, practically carrying her up the ladder and through an open window

He would've blinked through the door, but he didn't want to hurt Angelica and make her feel sick when she wasn't already feeling herself.

He was worried as she hasn't spoke a word to him since what she'd shared to him in Griddys, Angelica now seeming to be stuck in her head.

Sitting down in a chair, Five realized that he'd then sat in a single chair instead of the couch beside them, not bothering to get back up as he sat Angelica down.

Perching her on his knees as he used his non handcuffed hand to stroke her back, his awkward way of trying to comfort her.

The only reaction he got from her was that she sat more into him, sitting back so her back met his chest, Five moving to then rub her arm.

Angelica was still in disbelief on how she'd loaded her whole life's sob story onto Five, kicking herself for it.

It wasn't long later before the door began to jingle, signaling someone was entering the apartment.

Angelica only realizing now that because she hadn't spoke anymore that she hadn't asked Five exactly whose apartment they were in.

Though seeming as Five didn't go to move or blink them out she assumed that he knew whose apartment they were in and it wasn't just some random persons house.

The front door opened, the light blinding into the dark area as the person entered, Five taking his hand from Angelica's arm to reach over and flick on the lamp.

"Jesus!", a woman's voice gasped, hand to her heart as she took in the sight of Five and Angelica.

Looking at the woman, Angelica noticed now with the lamp on that it was Vanya, one of Fives siblings.

"You should have locks on your windows", Five instructed her, revealing how they'd got in to Vanya.

"I live on the second floor", Vanya told him, throwing her keys down onto a shelf.

"Rapists can climb", Five said simply, these words reawakening Angelica from whatever head space she was in.

"Why?", Angelica muttered, cringing at his words.

"You are so weird", Vanya told him straight up, turning to shut her door.

"So weird!", Angelica agreed with Vanya.

If it offended Five he didn't show it, only reaching his hand up to flick Angelica in the neck.

Walking towards them, taking tentative steps in her own apartment, Vanya sat down facing the two studying the two and having to take a second look when she notices the blood on their clothes.