01 | The Rocket's Fall

Alexander Hayes (Xander), the captain and star player of the Riverdale University, known as 'The Rocket' for his speed, agility and power in the soccer field, not only for his talent in the field, he's also popular for his blonde hair, hazel eyes, sharp jaw, muscular body and gorgeous face. Xander sat alone in his room, staring blankly at his books. It has been about two weeks since he discovered about his girlfriend's infidelity, two weeks of sleepless night, pain and suffering, but as the captain and star of the soccer team, he was used to handling pressure. This is different, this is personal.

As growing up from a broken family, left by his mother at the age of 3, raised by a single father, growing up with a trust issues. The betrayal cuts deep, coming from his beloved girlfriend, Xander keeps questioning about everything, doubting himself, thinking that he could never loved again. He had thrown himself into studies and soccer, trying to shut his mind from the thought of Ellie Camden, but everything reminds him of her.

Tonight is no different, Xander kept thinking of Ellie, fighting the urge to shoot a text. The textbooks in front of him blurred as his mind wander off to that fateful night. He had come back early from practice, only to find Ellie in another man's arm. The shock, the anger, the overwhelming sense of loss - all came back rushing in vivid detail.

There was a knock on the door, it was Woody, his bestfriend and teammates, always there for Xander when he was at his lowest.

Xander's POV:

"Hey man" Woody asked, his voice filled with excitement as always.

"Hey, didn't expect you to be here".

"Nah, just wanted to check on you, how you doin'?"

"Same old, same old" I replied.

"Bro, stop thinking about her, she's not worth it, y'know that you deserve way more better".

"I don't really know if I deserve better or not, maybe I don't deserve nothing at all"

"C'mon, don't be like that, she's one girl.."

"She's my girl"

"Seriously man, you need to let it go, let's get out of this funk and grab some food, talk about the upcoming tournament ".

"I don't really feel like it". I said.

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you".

"You really are a pain in the ass".

"I know, thank me later".

Woody takes me to a nearby cafe to grab some food. The place's bustling with people, and I find it oddly comforting. Maybe going out wasn't a bad idea at all.

As we settled down, Woody decided to talk about the upcoming tournament, where every university in the area participated, Riverdale always secured the first, and this year it will be the same. Whitewood's are the most worthy opponent, but not worthy enough for us, the tournament's big enough that professional teams are scouting players from it. This will be my final year and I have a great chance to secure a contract with FC Dallas, one of the most prominent team in the Global Soccer League (GSL).

"Xandy, I'm telling you, this is your final chance, a chance for you to thrive in the GSL, please don't blow it" Woody jolted me from my thoughts.

"Who said that I'm gonna blow it?".

"Man, no one, but if you don't snap out of it, I'm worried for you".

"Awwww mannn, I'm so touch".

"I'm serious bro, I want the best for you and the best won't come out of you if you keep living like this".

"I know, I promise, I will played my heart out in the tournament, secured that contract and bought you your dream car".

"Yeah, I like the sound of that. Hey, so I heard they're assigning an ambassador for the team. Some girl named Brielle Williams is gonna be ours. She's majored in Pre-Med, she's fly as fuck".

"Great" I said, trying to mutter enthusiasm. The last thing I wanted was someone new to deal with.

"Do you want her instagram username?" Woody said it with excitement.

"No"

"I just sent it to you"

"I just said 'no' "

"And I just sent it to you"

I swear if this dude ain't my bestfriend, I will definitely ripped him apart.

We sat in the cafe for another hour, Woody talking about the coach's new strategy implementating, and the rumours about our rival. I listened, letting the words wash over me. It was nice to focus on something else for a change.

As Woody and I part ways, I'm back in my room and out of curiosity I decided to stalk our new ambassador.

Brielle Williams - Blue eyes, blonde hair, a slender body, and a warm smile.

Brielle looked different from any other girls I hanged out with - she seemed genuine and unassuming, a vision of natural beauty with her golden blonde hair cascading in soft waves around her shoulders and piercing blue eyes that sparkle with warmth and kindness. Her radiant smile lights up the room, captivating everyone around her.

The thought of Brielle soon faded as the dark consumed me again, I decided to fall asleep. Tomorrow is another day, another game, another chance to move forward. And maybe, with a little luck, I'd find a way to heal.