Chapter 3

When you finished making dinner, you plated it and went over to the couch. You set down the plates in front of the TV and waited for your husband, wondering what he would choose to watch. Not long after you hear footsteps coming down the stairs, and then your husband sits next to you and grabs the remote, before changing the channel to the news then grabbing his plate of food and watching the TV. You grabbed your plate and leaned back a little against the couch, while the News played on the TV in the living room.

Your husband finished eating and headed to bed early, you finish eating and clean the dishes then decide to go and watch episode 3 in the attic. You go up carefully and sneak into the attic, then slip the tape into the VHS player and sit in front of the TV. You watched as the colorful words appeared on the screen again then it switches to Wally on screen with 2 other characters.

"Welcome back, Neighbor.. It's so nice to see your lovely face again!.. Today we're going to play some games with my good friends Julie, and Barnaby.. Say hello, friends!.." Wally said.

"Heya Neighbor, Good to see you!" Barnaby said.

"Hi friend!! I can't wait to play with you!" squealed the female monster puppet.

The female puppet known as Julie was a little bit shorter than Wally, she has salmon skin, downturned, oval-shaped eyes with black pupils and two eyelashes on each eye. Her eyebrows are small and black, her nose is round and orange. Julie has long, tick blonde hair that was held back with a white headband. She wore a poofy red dress with a pink and yellow outline, a white belt, green fading into blue stockings, and white dress shoes. She also had a cute yellow scarf-tie, and round pyramid horns that were yellow-orange and orange stripped.

Barnaby, he had a rather large, overweight, and plushy build. His fur was light blue, with multicolored spots all over his body. He had floppy, dark blue ears. His eyes were rounded and downturned, with black pupils and orange eyelids. There was a dark blue spot on his right eye. He wore a vest that looked similar to Wally's pants and a red tie with the same multicolored spots, along with a red hat that had a gold band around it, and a yellow smoke pipe in his mouth. And he was the same height as poppy, if not a little shorter. He was doing hopscotch while Wally and Julie watched. you loved that you could have some peace and quiet, to enjoy watching your show by yourself. When Barnaby finished, it was Julie's turn.

"Man, I tell yah.. I aint as energetic as I once was.. and that's saying something, cause I'm still a pup!" Barnaby said, making Julie giggle.

"Ha.. Ha.. Ha.. Oh Barnaby.." Wally said.

When Julie finished, it was Wally's turn. Barnaby joked, Julie giggled, and Wally was concentrated on not falling.

"I wish I could be that carefree.. to be able to play games, spend my days in a childhood paradise.. Not have to worry about the stress of this toxic life I'm living.. It would be a dream.." you commented as Wally finished.

Wally then turned to look at the camera again as Barnaby did his turn again, he stared a bit longer this time. Of course, you always paid attention when Wally stared at the camera, like you silently hoped he would start talking to you. You stared back at him while smiling sadly, then you lifted your hand and waved a little. Wally copied the motion, making your eyes widen and stare more.

"Hey Wally! Tag! You're it!" Julie said as she and Barnaby ran away, Wally snapping out of it and chasing after her.

You continued to watch the TV until realizing that you were getting tired, you finished the episode then headed downstairs to your shared bedroom with your husband. He was fast asleep which you were grateful for, you changed into your nightgown then got in bed and fell asleep as well.