Hurray! New Demigods!

Makenzie stood outside Westover Hall impatiently waiting for Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia to arrive from Camp. Kenzie didn't wait at camp like the others, since she was closer to the school than the others, she arrived earlier. She had yet to go inside the school since Annabeth insisted they'd all go in together.

Soon enough she caught sight of Sally Jackson's car arriving. With a muttering groan, she made her way to the car and greeted her sister, Annabeth Chase, and her best friend Thalia, former tree stump and daughter of Zeus. After the duo got out of the car, Kenzie noticed Percy speaking with his mother, so she instinctively stood back to listen.

"Percy," Sally spoke. "Are you sure you don't want me to wait?"

"It's okay, Mom," Percy answered. "We don't know how long this will take."

Sally nodded before she glanced at the daughter of Athena. "Hello, darling!"

Kenzie waved. "Hi, Mrs. Jackson."

"My goodness, you look beautiful!" the older woman complimented. "How have you been?"

Kenzie blushed slightly. "I've been fine, Mrs. Jackson. Thank you for asking."

Sally smiled at the brunette. "Percy has told me so much about you, he didn't tell me how much you've grown. You look so much like your mother."

Kenzie's smile got bigger as Percy cleared his throat.

"Okay, bye Mom," he said, shutting the door as he and Kenzie approached Annabeth and Thalia.

The four made their way inside the school as Thalia spoke.

"Percy, your mom is so cool," she said.

"She's pretty okay," Percy said, shrugging, earning him a pinch on the arm from Annabeth. Kenzie stifled a laugh as the son of Poseidon let out a noise of pain before rubbing his arm. "Anyways, did you ever get in touch with your mom?"

The daughter of Zeus stopped in her tracks as she glared at Percy. "If that was any of your business, Percy-"

Kenzie held a hand to Thalia's mouth as Annabeth interrupted her. "We better get inside," Annabeth said. "Grover will be waiting."

With that, the daughters of Athena walked forward with Annabeth grabbing Thalia's arm as they began towards the school, with no doubt a lecture planned.

The oak doors had already been opened when the trio made it to the castle, revealing walls lined with weapons, antiques, flags, and more. But the school itself gave off a bad impression, even for a military school.

None of them were given the chance to speak aloud about the odd vibes before the doors slammed shut before the group, confirming their suspicions the school was far from normal.

"What normal person would send their kids here?" Kenzie muttered as she looked around.

They began to explore the school immediately, only running into a man and woman marching towards them.

The duo had grey hair and dressed in military uniforms with red trimmings. However, the woman had a wispy mustache and the man a shaven-clean.

"Well?" the she-man demanded, crossing her arms across her chest as she questioned the demigods. "What are you doing here?"

Percy looked around at the girls as he began to stumble over his words. "Ma'am, we were just-"

"Visitors are not allowed at the dance!" the man snapped, causing the olive-haired boy to jump at the sudden volume change. "You shall be eee-jected!"

Kenzie pursed her lips at the French accent, but the accent wasn't what seemed off about him, it was his eyes that were off to her. One was brown while the other was blue. She had never seen a man-or person with heterochromia before, so this looked weird to her.