Part 1

*starting with some back story, Colby's Pov*

~Sam has been my best friend since we were like 8-9, and i'm so lucky to have a best friend like him. Our lives haven't been easy but we finally got out of our childhood homes and bought a house together. We've been living together for about two years now and Sam's birthday is coming up! I plan on planning a surprise party for him accompanied by a prank. Well, it's not actually a prank but if it goes south that's how i'm going to play it off. I'm going to tell Sam i've been in love with him since middle school. I've kept my feelings at bay in an effort to not mess up our friendship. His birthday is in 5 days.

*Colby's POV*

*I'm lounging on the couch on my phone, ordering food when i hear the front door open* "Sam? Is that you?" I call out putting my phone down sitting up. "Yeah it's just me, can you help me real quick?" Sam yells. *I stand up, slide my phone into my pocket and walk towards the front door. As soon as i walk around the corner i am met with Sam and Jake holding water guns aimed straight at me* "oookay guys, let's not do anyt-" *is all i had time to say before they unleashed a water park on me. I run and hide in the bathroom locking the door behind me. Laughing i look into the mirror and can hear them shouting outside of the door* "Come on Colby, get out of there and face us like a real man!" *i smile to myself knowing that Sam is the one yelling at the moment*

*Sam's POV*

*I sigh in defeat as i tell Jake to come back into the kitchen with me. he pouts and skips behind me.* "Jake- I am speechless" i shake my head with a smile. *he shrugs his shoulders and sits on one of our barstools at the island. I pull my phone out and text Colby and tell him the coast is clear* "are you hungry?" i ask jake not looking up from my phone. "yeah i could eat, also is it cool if Tara comes over? she asked as we got here but obviously we had bidness to take care of" he laughs. *i look up and let out my breath i've been holding into a laugh* "yes of course she can come over" *i look back down at my phone and realize colby had texted back. i open his message and my mouth falls open. it disappeared almost instantly but i saw it. i read it. i don't think he knows i seen it. i read 'i like sam. if he doesn't like me back. prank. what should i do.' so i didn't technically see the entire message so i may be jumping to conclusions. i lock my phone and sit it on the counter*

*Colby's POV*

*i hear sam and jake walk into the kitchen and see a message pop down telling me the coast is clear. i smile and shake my head, yeah right. i finish ordering the food and open my message and click on tara's name. i ask her if she's coming over today and tell her that sam's birthday is coming up very soon and i needed her help planning something. i tell her that i like sam and have for a while and wanted to pull a fake prank on him. i also asked her what do i do and when she gets here, because i know she'll be over after seeing this, that i need help. i press send and look up and see that the contact name says sam instead of tara. my heart drops through the floor and i delete it as soon as it sends basically. my heart is beating like a million miles per minute and my mouth is going dry? he couldn't have seen it right? right..?*