3. Mine

Daddy's waiting for me in the lobby, his face lighting up when he sees me. "How did it go?" he asks, his voice full of concern.

"It was... intense," I say, giving him a small smile. "But I think it helped. A lot."

He pulls me into a hug, his embrace warm and comforting. "I'm proud of you, babydoll," he says softly. "Chiara's flight lands in an hour. What do you wanna do until then?"

"Can we just go home and cuddle?" I ask. I'm too exhausted for anything else.

"Of course," he replies, giving me a gentle squeeze. We walk to the car in silence, a comfortable silence filled with unspoken understanding.

Daddy opens the car door for me, and as I slide into the passenger seat, I feel a sense of calm wash over me

Daddy opens the car door for me, and as I slide into the passenger seat, I feel a sense of calm wash over me. He buckles me in, fastening the seatbelt, and I'm lost in love with the contours of his bicep. Arms... there is something about arms. It's the kind of calm that comes from knowing they're strong enough to protect you. And he's the strongest man I've ever known, physically as he is mentally. I'm exactly where I need to be, with exactly who I need to be with.

As we drive home, I watch the city pass by, a blur buildings. Everything seems to move in slow motion, the world outside contrasting sharply with the whirlwind of thoughts and emotions inside my head. Daddy reaches over and squeezes my hand, his touch grounding me.

We pull into the driveway, and I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Home. The word itself feels like a hug. Daddy opens the door for me again, and I look at him, eyes saying what I wish to express

"Come here, bambina," he says softly, picking me up, wrapping my legs around his waist. Gosh... I love him. He's my lifeline. He carries me to the couch and wraps a blanket around us both, his arms around me, holding me close.

"Tell me about it," he says, his voice soft and soothing.

I take a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "It was like... I- I guess she made me see her in a new light. Danielle was never bad, daddy. She was hurt."

"If hurt means crazy then sure," Daddy says, his eyes overshadowed by his anger.

"Daddy," I whisper. "I can't talk to you if you don't wanna listen."

"I am listening, I just don't agree. Hurt people don't just hurt people. That's just a saying, it's not true. Hurt people do their best to ensure that other people don't feel the same. Just like you."

I lean my head against his shoulder, "or maybe there are two ways to respond to that pain, Daddy. Either you do everything you can to get revenge or you do everything you can to prevent."

"Therapy... when did you become so insightful, hm?" he muses, kissing the top of my head.

"When you decided to sign me up for therapy," I smile.