5. Flower and fairy-lights

I wake up, rested, loved, and for the first time in forever I feel inner peace, those puzzles finally finding home again. And maybe it's just temporary, maybe it's just for a while, but I'm grateful either way.

Raphaelle is standing by the window, in a dark bathrobe, mistakably similar to something I've seen before. Vague memories of my grandfather reappear, and it has me giggling, something turning his head toward me.

"Good morning, bambina," he says

"Good morning, bambina," he says. "What has you giggling?"

I stretch, feeling the warmth of the morning sun filtering through the curtains. "Your bathrobe," I reply, my voice still tinged with laughter. "It reminds me of my grandfather's. He had one just like it."

Raphaelle chuckles, the sound deep and comforting. "I suppose because it might be. Your aunt gave me it along with a towel," he says, turning back to the window. "And how did you sleep?"

"Like a rock," I admit, throwing off the covers and sitting up. "I haven't felt this rested in... I can't even remember."

He nods, still gazing out at the morning. "Good. You deserve it, baby." He looks over his shoulder at me, a soft smile playing on his lips. "Will you be a good girl and give daddy a good morning kiss?"

"I don't think that'll be a problem," I say, my mouth already watering at the thought of his lips. They're so soft. So kissable. I stand up, to stand in front of him, "you gotta help me though! You're too tall," I pout.

"Daddy's too tall? I thought you liked a big guy," he smirks, licking his lips.

"One big guy," I correct him.

"Well, this one big guy, loves you, and wants a kiss," he whispers, leaning down to kiss me.

As our lips part, we look out of the window, just holding each other. The view outside is serene, trees and nature as far as our eyes can see.

"I kinda understand what Chiara means now," I muse.

"You wanna live out of the city?" He asks, kissing the top of my head.

"Not this far out, I guess. But... it would be nice to just run outside and not worry about what anyone else thinks. Like... if we lived somewhere like this... I could be in little space outside and not be afraid. I guess it would do good to my health," I explain.

"I'll look into it," he says.

I gaze up at him, meeting his fiery eyes, "you don't have to-" I'm cut off.

"I want to. My home doesn't exactly resonate with you anyway. You're about to become my wife. Time to get a place that's equally yours as it is mine."

His words... it warms me from the inside, a perfect start to the day.

"Whatever you want," Raphaelle says. "Your wish is my command, baby."

I'm speechless. I just hug him, enjoying the simple pleasure of his company. After a while, we get dressed and head downstairs to join the others.