19. Kisses and tears

As we lie on the grass, Raphaelle glances over at me, a soft smile on his face. He reaches out tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, his fingers lingering on my cheek. 

"Can I ask you something?"

I look at him, surprised by the hint of vulnerability in his voice. I nod, gesturing for him to continue. 

"Would you get angry if I got you tattooed on my back?"

I giggle. That's what he wanted to ask me. But so a blush creeps in on my face at the mere idea of having to look at myself every time I watch him from behind without a shirt on. I'd rather not. 

He raises an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips at my giggle. He can tell that the notion of his ink tribute has already crossed my mind, but my blush tells him it's probably for different reasons than my modesty.

"You don't think you'd look good on my body, baby?" he teases, a lighthearted smile on his face.

I smile, giggles growing louder. I'm blessed with his smile in return. He is so handsome. So, so, very handsome. And I'm marrying him. It's so surreal. 

He grins as my laughter fills the air. 

He leans back, pulling me closer to him, his fingers tracing lazy patterns on my back.

"You know, you have a beautiful laugh," he murmurs, his voice soft. "And an equally beautiful face." 

I blush, rolling into his sides, hiding away. He chuckles, a deep rumbly sound. Home.

He wraps his arms around me, pulling her closer to him. He nuzzles his face into my hair. 

"You'll never get used to it, will you?" He teases, kissing the top of my hair. 

My cheeks are on fire and I feel as if burning up inside. No. I'll never get used to this life. The highs, the lows, the mere prospect that he's mine. Mine to love, mine to hold. Forever. 

"Don't be embarrassed" he chuckles. "It's adorable. But we've got to go. I have a meeting at the club." 

I lift my head from the shelter of his chest, looking up at him. 

"I know," I sigh, my voice just a hint of disappointment. "How long will I have to stay in that prison of an office this time?" I refrain from the urge of rolling my eyes, knowing the consequences. 

His eyes darken slightly at the hint of sarcasm in my tone, but he bites down on the retort that threatens to rise to his lips. Instead, he simply reaches out, grabbing my chin between his fingers, holding it firmly.

"Watch your tone, bambina" he warns, his voice deep and commanding. "You'll keep that pretty little ass in that office until I say otherwise. And it's for your own protection, baby. You can bring whatever you'd like. But don't be a brat about the fact that I won't take any risks with you. It's not fair on me."

I stare at him for a moment, the intensity of his gaze causing my heart to skip a beat. I know better than to push the boundaries in this situation, and I don't want to test his patience.

"Yes, daddy," I reply quietly. I know it's for my own safety, and I trust him. Even if being cooped up in an office all day isn't exactly my idea of fun.

"That's my baby," he smiles, leaning in to kiss me. It's soft and tender, just like it has been for a while now. "Go pack a bag with whatever you want. But hurry. I'll wait in the car." 

I return his smile briefly, my heart fluttering at the sweetness in his gesture. I quickly hurry to our bedroom, throwing together essentials into a gym bag. I don't bother dressing up for a night indoors, opting for comfortable and practical clothes.