Chapter 1

Lucía clenched her jaw, pulling her tie tighter over her bleeding knuckles. She pressed her finger to her earpiece, speaking in a low voice. "Just finished off the last one, start looking for the body." A distorted voice responds from the other end, "Roger that, boss." 

She slowly stood up, ignoring the searing pain in her side. She had a job to do, and she was going to finish it, dead or alive. She moved slowly, her actions deliberate, opening cupboards and checking in each crevice of the massive mansion.

Her father had sent her there as part of his sick 'test' to see if Lucía was ready for 'Donship' as he called it. But she knew it was just his dirty work. 'Dumbass.." Lucía mumbled to herself as she finally found what she was looking for. Three hundred kilograms of powdered cocaine.

______________________________________

Lucía laid down on her bed, fresh from the doctor's office, all bandaged up. She stared at the ceiling of her large room, allowing the cold AC to send chills down her bare arms. The events of the day replayed in her mind, the violence, the desperation, and the cold satisfaction of a job completed. She touched the bandages on her side, wincing slightly at the pain.

The door to her room creaked open, and she turned her head to see her personal assistant, Irene, standing there, concern etched across her face.

"Are you okay?" Irene asked softly, stepping into the room.

Lucía shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant. "Just another day in the office."

Irene frowned, crossing the room to sit beside her. "You can't keep doing this, Lucía. It's going to catch up with you."

Lucía turned her head to look at Irene, her eyes hard but tired. "I don't have a choice, Irene. This is my life."

"It doesn't have to be," Irene insisted, reaching out to gently touch Lucía's bandaged hand. "You can walk away." Lucía shook her head. "You know I can't. My father would never allow it. And even if he did, I'm in too deep."

Irene sighed, her fingers brushing lightly against Lucía's knuckles. "I just don't want to see you get hurt. Not like this." 

Lucía closed her eyes, the tension in her body slowly ebbing away at Irene's touch. "I know," she whispered. "But I have to finish what I started."

"Just promise me you'll be careful," Irene said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I promise," Lucía replied, opening her eyes to look at Irene. "For you, I'll be careful."

Irene smiled faintly, leaning in to kiss Lucía gently on the forehead, a gesture that had become a common action between the two, despite their platonic relationship. "Get some rest. You need it." 

Lucía shifted under the covers, her body aching from the day's ordeal. She felt the cool sheets against her skin and the gentle hum of the air conditioner. Despite the physical pain, a sense of calm began to envelop her. The darkness of the room was soothing, offering a temporary escape from the harsh reality of her life.

She turned onto her side, careful not to disturb her bandages, and let out a slow, steady breath. Irene's words echoed in her mind, a soft reminder that there was someone who cared deeply about her well-being. It was a comforting thought, one that made the loneliness a bit more bearable.

But the thought of training tomorrow loomed in the back of her mind, refusing to let her fully relax. She knew it was going to be brutal, as her father never went easy on her. The physical and mental demands were relentless, designed to push her beyond her limits. She could almost hear his voice, barking commands, expecting nothing less than perfection.

Lucía finally surrendered to a restless sleep, dreading the day to come.

______________________________________

I have nothing to say😞

Maria maria😩

already got some chapters written for this since my middle school days, so just be ready😈