Café Mishap

"Hello, sir!" Lilac said to the Umbreon, her ribbons floating around her, ready to help. "What would you like to order?" She said, her neat smile planted on her face as though it might never come off.

"Hm. Maybe a medium black coffee? And a croissant." The Umbreon said. Lilac wrote the order down. "Is it your first time here? I've never seen an Umbreon around this part of town. In fact, they are incredibly rare in this town." Lilac said out of curiosity.

"Yes. I just moved here." Lilac nodded. "It's a really good town; good Pokémon, memorable places." After a moment of writing down the last bit of the order, she said, "Can I get a name for the order?"

"Moon," the Umbreon said. "Alright! Coming right up." Said the Sylveon as she bounded to the café.

"We have an order of black coffee and a croissant," Grace told the barista. "Alright," said the barista, an Espeon. "Who's order is this?" She asked. "An Umbreon named Moon's."

"Huh," the Espeon, Rose, said. "That might be my cousin. Have I ever told you about him? He just moved here from another region," she said as she prepared the order. "I think you did, because you always talk about your cousin who you seemed would go well with me."

"Yes, that was him. I guess it's now my job to get you two together~" Rose said in a floaty voice. Lilac chuckled. "How would I ever get with him? I'm not saying I want to, I'm just asking."

Rose shrugged. "It depends," she mumbled. "Hey, how would you like it if we went to the movies tomorrow?" She suggested. "I am off on Fridays..." Lilac murmered. "Sure," she said. "Alright, then. See you tomorrow at 7. Order up!" She called. Lilac smiled and took the cup and the small bag. She walked outside to the Umbreon.

"Hello, again. I have your order." Lilac smiled, and so did Moon. "Thank you." He said, taking his order gingerly from the Sylveon's paws. "Oh, this is a weird question, but do you know the Espeon that works here? Rose?"

Lilac nodded. "Yes, she is a good friend of mine." Moon replied, "Yeah, she told me about a bright Sylveon that works here as well, one of her good friends, and said that we would be fit for each other." Moon opened up the croissant, sniffed it, and bit into it, licking his lips.

Lilac giggled. "What an interesting way to run into one another," she said. "Indeed." Said Moon. "This is good, better than any coffee I've made or even stasted," he said after taking a sip of his coffee. "It's Rose who makes the coffee. Maybe she could show you how she does it with this kind of equipment, and you could work here someday." Moon shrugged. "Heh, maybe," he chuckled.

After a bit of chatting, Lilac got up. "It was very nice to meet you, Moon." She said, dusting off her uniform, a maid-like dress. "You too, Lilac," Moon smiled warmly. Lilac gave him a small curtsy as she went to greet other customers.

━☽【❖】☾━

"Hey, Rose," Lilac said as she entered her house. "Hey, Lilac! You came!" Rose said gleefully. Lilac giggled. "Of course I came! Why wouldn't I?" Rose shrugged. "Well, I guess you would've figured out that this was an attempt to get you and Moon together." Rose said. "Huh? Moon is here?" Lilac asked. The Espeon nodded. "Of course. In fact, I'll get him now. Moon! Come here!" She called.

"What is it?" Moon said, walking into the living room. He stopped when he saw Lilac. "Oh, hello, Lilac. What a surprise it is to see you." He said with the same warm smile he gave her yesterday, and if Lilac believed her eyes, a barely visible, but it was still there, blush.

"Quite a surprise," Lilac said, returning the grin when Rose spoke. "So, what movie shall we watch? I'm thinking maybe XO, Kitty." She suggested. "Sure, I'll go with that," Lilac said. "Alright, then. I'll set up the movie. Can you two get snacks and drinks?"

"Sure, I'll make popcorn," Moon said. "Yeah. I'll get candy and drinks." Lilac said. "Alright, I'll set it up in the outdoor patio." They all nodded, then they set off to do their respective orders.

"What drink do you like?" Lilac asked Moon. "Hm. PokéCola," he said. "Nice. I like lemonade tea," the Fairy Type responded. "Do you have a favorite candy? There aren't too many options. We have taffy, licorice, those ice cream fruit roll-up rolls, and Reese's cups."

"Reese's are my favorite," Moon said. "Nice. They're my favorite, too. Oh, and there are also Poképuffs." Lilac added once she moved things around in the cabinets with her ribbons.

"Ooh, can I have a Poképuff as well?" Said Moon. Lilac nodded, and the box of 6 Poképuffs (just in case), setting it on a tray along with the drinks.

They made their way outside to the patio, where a screen and a projector were set up. They walked under the curtain gazebo, where the projector was placed in front of them on a table. Lilac set the tray beside the projector as Rose started the movie.

Not even halfway in, Lilac started to get sleepy. She looked to the black figure with glowing yellow rings sitting beside her. She looked up at the moon, which was directly over them and the gazebo. Without thinking, she rested her head upon his shoulder and dosed off.

━☽【❖】☾━

"Hey, sleepy head." Rose said, shaking Lilac awake. "Huh? What happened?" She said, alarmed, sitting up. "You fell asleep on Moon last night." Rose sighed. "And you would think it would take more for this Sylveon to fall in love."

"Pfft! Alright then, I'll get one of my cousins and get you guys to like each other." Lilac argued. Rose laughed, and soon enough, they were both laughing.

"I guess I do like him. Just a little bit. Certainly not like that, though," Lilac informed. Rose rolled her eyes, knowing that wasn't true.

━☽【❖】☾━

End of Part 1! If you enjoy this so far, then smash that like button and hit that bell for all notifications! Don't forget to subscribe! :D

(Fr tho, if u like it lmk.)